Re: [Ayreton] Earthenware cooking pots

  • D'vorah bint al-Attar
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
      On 13 Feb 2012, at 12:54 PM, KelliV wrote:

      > Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Kara

      Search for (materials):
      clay
      ceramic
      pottery
      stoneware
      redware
      earthenware (not as strong as other types of ceramics; it's low-fire and therefore more delicate)
      terra cotta (also not as strong as other types, but very useful in some ways)

      Search for (shapes/uses):
      skillet
      pot
      bean pot
      crockery
      stew pot
      pie pan
      noggin
      pipkin
      pitcher
      jug
      colander

      I found a few places for you, many modern, and a few medieval replica sellers.

      http://www.tienda.com/table/cazuelas.html
      http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=clay+pots+for+cooking&tag=googhydr-20&index=garden&hvadid=4233530679&ref=pd_sl_1a1vf1r2eu_b
      http://www.natural-salt-lamps.com/clay-cookware-bakeware-pots.html
      Some replica merchants listed here: http://larsdatter.com/feastgear6.htm
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
        I believe Master TJ has some:
        http://www.bymyhanddesigns.com/

        Kevin Ambrozijwski
        Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.

        Thanks

        Kara
      • Christian Fournier
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
          By my Hand Designs had some just this weekend at Val Day-- beautiful red clay vessels, in two sizes. The larger was $35. Email them (google By my Hand Designs) and I'm sure they can make arrangements to get you one...

          On Feb 13, 2012, at 12:54 PM, KelliV <khirya@...> wrote:

          > Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Kara

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jonathan L Murphy
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
            Try Eadric at http://www.ironwoodpotterystudio.com/

            Jon/Seamus

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
              You might try J. Henderson Artifacts, www.jhendersonartifacts.com

              They do mostly late 18th and early 19th C American but will work with folks on making items from other historic eras.

              AElfred

              Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.

              Thanks

              Kara

              "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to: