RE: [Ayreton] Earthenware cooking pots

  • Sonia
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012

      Look under German clay cooking roaster.  See if there are any pottery shops near you.  They sometimes have clay pots.

      Sonia

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
        On 13 Feb 2012, at 12:54 PM, KelliV wrote:

        > Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Kara

        Search for (materials):
        clay
        ceramic
        pottery
        stoneware
        redware
        earthenware (not as strong as other types of ceramics; it's low-fire and therefore more delicate)
        terra cotta (also not as strong as other types, but very useful in some ways)

        Search for (shapes/uses):
        skillet
        pot
        bean pot
        crockery
        stew pot
        pie pan
        noggin
        pipkin
        pitcher
        jug
        colander

        I found a few places for you, many modern, and a few medieval replica sellers.

        http://www.tienda.com/table/cazuelas.html
        http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=clay+pots+for+cooking&tag=googhydr-20&index=garden&hvadid=4233530679&ref=pd_sl_1a1vf1r2eu_b
        http://www.natural-salt-lamps.com/clay-cookware-bakeware-pots.html
        Some replica merchants listed here: http://larsdatter.com/feastgear6.htm
        D'vorah bint al-Attar
        dvorah@...
        Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
      • kevin purtrell
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
          I believe Master TJ has some:
          http://www.bymyhanddesigns.com/

          Kevin Ambrozijwski
          Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.

          Thanks

          Kara
        • Christian Fournier
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
            By my Hand Designs had some just this weekend at Val Day-- beautiful red clay vessels, in two sizes. The larger was $35. Email them (google By my Hand Designs) and I'm sure they can make arrangements to get you one...

            On Feb 13, 2012, at 12:54 PM, KelliV <khirya@...> wrote:

            > Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Kara

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jonathan L Murphy
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
              Try Eadric at http://www.ironwoodpotterystudio.com/

              Jon/Seamus

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 13, 2012
                You might try J. Henderson Artifacts, www.jhendersonartifacts.com

                They do mostly late 18th and early 19th C American but will work with folks on making items from other historic eras.

                AElfred

                Anyone know where I should be looking for them? Google has failed me.

                Thanks

                Kara

                "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to: