Re: For Middle Folk

  • vrayhill
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2012
      I was part of that project. I believe we got the lists of peers from the OP. However, I think we also cross referenced it with the OP listings of the elevations of Dukes and Counts etc, to figure out in those coronation months who was elevated by whom.

      Catching up on my list reading,
      --Jocelyn

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

      > Evening all - back at the 40th event there was a very long wall
      > hanging showing what peers were elevated during each reign. I don't
      > know if there's a pictoral record of that or maybe a master list
      > somewhere that someone might be willing to share. I've got great
      > ambitions to work on my Knight Tree again (I'm really just avoiding
      > doing embroidering but still want to feel productive) and I have found
      > that very nearly ever early knight lineage webpage I once had book
      > marked has vanished. I have some historical holes I'm trying to match
      > dates too.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Jadwiga
      > Tapestry Chick (but not right now)

    • Carrot Khan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2012
        Jocelyn,

        Its what I ended up doing - lots of cross-referencing.  I'm pretty sure that some of them might not be correct as elevation occasionally happened on the same date as Coronation so I'm not sure if the outgoing or incoming king was the one to do the dubbing (assuming, of course, that he was even able to hold the sword to begin with).

        Jadwiga