Ayreton Angels

  • Fern
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
      Dear Angels,

      You asked if there are any objections to contributing part of the Angel funds to the lawsuit settlement.

      No objections from me.

      That is a generous and noble offer. This is far above and beyond the call of duty, and I honor your generosity.  However, please keep back sufficient money for the Ayreton Angels to continue their good mission for this summer, also.

      Best Wishes,

      Fern

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
        I would check the legal ramifications of using monies sent for a specific purpose; there seem to be legalities about accounting practices for non-profits that forbid such practices. However, donations given for THIS specific purpose could be used for the settlement.  Orry Guerin

      • suzanearley@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012

          I'm told from the Society Treasurer that there are many levels of 'dedicated funds'.

          The most restrictive way is when the donor specifically states in writing what the funds are to be used for (Restricted Funds). We cannot accept the funds and do something else in that case.

          We don't go that far, although it is good to try to keep dedicated funds going toward the dedicated purpose.

          We have already sent in $900 (the check was put in the mail today). We can, of course, send in more later, but we should have a meeting to discuss any disbursements from dedicated funds that aren't included in the fund's stated purpose. We have enough in the General Fund to match any amount from a dedicated fund.

          Ghita

[...]

          • BaronessBaron Ayreton
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012

              Greetings!

              We have discussed this, and we both have concerns about Angels funds. So what we will do is cover their promise out of our Regalia fund. We will also match them, to contribute $400 extra beyond what is coming out of the general fund.  We’re less likely to need the Regalia fund imminently, than the Angels fund, thanks to everyone’s support.

              One other notation is that there is an effort to make a donation link available via the sca.org site for individuals wanting to contribute directly. This should (in theory) also afford them the opportunity to get a receipt (important for those of us who itemize our taxes). We should know more on that within a couple of days. In addition, for those going to Val Day this weekend, there will be a number of donation opportunities there, where receipts will also be available.

              We are both gratified at the outpouring of support that has been expressed here and on other lists during this process. While none of us is happy about the situation, it does show of what metal we’re made as a community when we can come together in support of the Dream.

              THL Nadezda ze Zastrizl,  Captain Henry of Exeter
              Baroness, Baron Ayreton
            • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012

                I support the Angels in their request. The angels are about support and what could be more supportive or for that matter Angelic then to contribute to the current effort.

                Angels, your nobility continues to shine,

                Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
                Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP

                From: Willie <kith3609@...>;

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
                  Good. Wasn't trying to butt in, but I wanted to make sure there were no difficulties. Glad you checked, and glad you did what you did. Long Live the Society!