Answers to Popular questions from the Midlands re: the Settlement

  • Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2012
      Ladies and Gentlemen,
      Re: the Settlement
      Several questions have been posed and here are the answers I have gleaned.

      First, please read the http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlementFAQ.pdf.

      And now, some additional answers for questions I've received from various groups:

      1.  "What do we base our 18% upon?"
      It is 18% of the cash on hand in the banks and CD’s as of the latest financial reports received by the Corporate treasurer.

      Source:  Master Sean O'Shaughnessy, Pres. SCA, Inc

      According to the information from Thorvald, KSen, that number was taken from the Exchequer Domesday reports.

          Data was collected from the 2010 Consolidated Doomsday reports and the most recent Kingdom level quarterly reports to determine the estimated available cash assets held in the SCA and its subsidiaries.
          Source: http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlementFAQ.pdf

      2.  "If the kingdom gets a refund from SCA, Inc, will that go back to the branches?"
          If funds *can* be returned to the Kingdom, as it is hoped, then individual branches would receive a partial refund
          Source:  Master Thorvald Redhair, Kingdom Seneschal, Middle Kingdom

      3.  "How do we get the money to the right people?"
          Each branch will need to send its contribution to its Kingdom Exchequer.
          The Kingdom Exchequer will have a receipt book at Val Day and can take checks there.
          Source:  SCA Kingdom of the Middle Facebook Page, posting dated 2/5/2012 by HRM EikBrandr, commentary

      4.  "Can individuals contribute?"
          Yes.  However, if a refund is made to the kingdom, it will *not* be made back to any individuals, only to groups.  Individual contributions will *not* be returned.  That would be against policy.  Individuals can cite those donations when/if they itemize their 2012 (next year's) taxes as it is a contribution to a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
          Source:  Master Thorvald Redhair, Kingdom Seneschal, Middle Kingdom

      5.  "Can we send more than 18%?"
          Yes.  That is heartily appreciated.

      6.  "Can we hold fundraisers?"
          Yes.  Please forward any donation to your Kingdom.

      If you have more questions, please let me know.
      In Service,
      Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
      Midlands Seneschal