Exchequer notes

  • suzanearley@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2012

      1) The RUM fund is sending $3000 to the kingdom for the settlement.

      2) The Ayreton general fund is sending $900 to the kingdom for the settlement. 18% of our net worth ($4617.74) came out to $831.19 and we rounded up.

      3) Remaining balances in funds:

      General fund: $2110.01

      Regalia: 1150.73

      Angels: 400

      Pennsic Camp: 15

      RUM: 401.54

      4) The following are uncleared checks made out during 2011. PLEASE DEPOSIT YOUR REIMBURSEMENT CHECKS PROMPTLY.

      If you have lost the checks and need another, let me know. If you want to me to void the check and not bother writing another, let me know.

      7/9/20111012(25.65) Nora London

      8/27/20111016(7.00) SCA-Inc. - MK College of Heralds

      10/30/20111018(29.49) Vicky Rayhill
      10/30/20111019(42.00) SCA, Inc. - MK College of Heralds

    • misreall@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012

        To the Barony at Large,

        The Ayreton Angels have decided we would like to donate half of our funds to the cause, but as this money was given to us for specific use by the Cantons, we ask your permission to do so.  If there are any objections please let us know within the next two days.

        YIS,

        Baroness Jane the Tall and Lady Anne d'Aix

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
          Dear Angels,

          You asked if there are any objections to contributing part of the Angel funds to the lawsuit settlement.

          No objections from me.

          That is a generous and noble offer. This is far above and beyond the call of duty, and I honor your generosity.  However, please keep back sufficient money for the Ayreton Angels to continue their good mission for this summer, also.

          Best Wishes,

          Fern

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
            I would check the legal ramifications of using monies sent for a specific purpose; there seem to be legalities about accounting practices for non-profits that forbid such practices. However, donations given for THIS specific purpose could be used for the settlement.  Orry Guerin

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012

              I'm told from the Society Treasurer that there are many levels of 'dedicated funds'.

              The most restrictive way is when the donor specifically states in writing what the funds are to be used for (Restricted Funds). We cannot accept the funds and do something else in that case.

              We don't go that far, although it is good to try to keep dedicated funds going toward the dedicated purpose.

              We have already sent in $900 (the check was put in the mail today). We can, of course, send in more later, but we should have a meeting to discuss any disbursements from dedicated funds that aren't included in the fund's stated purpose. We have enough in the General Fund to match any amount from a dedicated fund.

              Ghita

[...]

              • BaronessBaron Ayreton
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012

                  Greetings!

                  We have discussed this, and we both have concerns about Angels funds. So what we will do is cover their promise out of our Regalia fund. We will also match them, to contribute $400 extra beyond what is coming out of the general fund.  We’re less likely to need the Regalia fund imminently, than the Angels fund, thanks to everyone’s support.

                  One other notation is that there is an effort to make a donation link available via the sca.org site for individuals wanting to contribute directly. This should (in theory) also afford them the opportunity to get a receipt (important for those of us who itemize our taxes). We should know more on that within a couple of days. In addition, for those going to Val Day this weekend, there will be a number of donation opportunities there, where receipts will also be available.

                  We are both gratified at the outpouring of support that has been expressed here and on other lists during this process. While none of us is happy about the situation, it does show of what metal we’re made as a community when we can come together in support of the Dream.

                  THL Nadezda ze Zastrizl,  Captain Henry of Exeter
                  Baroness, Baron Ayreton
                • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012

                    I support the Angels in their request. The angels are about support and what could be more supportive or for that matter Angelic then to contribute to the current effort.

                    Angels, your nobility continues to shine,

                    Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
                    Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP

                    From: Willie <kith3609@...>;

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
                      Good. Wasn't trying to butt in, but I wanted to make sure there were no difficulties. Glad you checked, and glad you did what you did. Long Live the Society!