Re: [Ayreton] Digest Number 1887

  • rebecca w
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2012
      .Sarafina, please let us know what is decided.  I would be happy to help in any way I can.
      YIS, Elen of Birchbrae

      Re: Fundraiser

      Posted by: "D'vorah bint al-Attar" dvorah@...   dvorah.batadar

      Sun Feb 5, 2012 9:10 pm (PST)

      On 5 Feb 2012, at 10:56 PM, V. Townsend wrote:

      > Sarafina,
      >
      > In response to this current fiscal crisis and your announcement that there will be a fund raiser at the April event I would like to pledge $100 to seed this project.
      >
      > In addition, I challenge each member of this Barony to pledge and give as each is financially capable. Even if it is just $1.00, it will be a help and will show the rest of the Kingdom our mettle.
      >

      > Your servant,
      >
      > Duke Dagan

      Are there plans for other methods of fund-raising as well? I honestly don't even have a spare dollar right now (don't ask, but there are two family-mandated plane trips this year when normally we travel about once every other year at most), but I did think of one thing I could do.

      I remember when two families' homes were fire damaged in the recent past, and people came together to auction off goods and services as a benefit for them. It won't help us get the funds up within the 10 days, but if anyone is up to planning that kind of event, it could potentially help us restock our coffers going forward. Towards that end, I have a few pottery items that I haven't sold, from just before my elbows tendered their resignation from ceramic work. If such an auction is done, I'd like to donate them to the cause. Just one thought, and I'm sure that there are many other ideas floating around, but I thought I'd put this in there.
      -=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      dvorah@consensualre ality.net
      http://www.consensu alreality. net/sca AND
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
      -=-=-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=- =-=-=-

      3c.

      Re: Fundraiser

      Posted by: "Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller" gmiller77@...   gmiller77@...

      Mon Feb 6, 2012 1:10 am (PST)

      Sarafina,

      The fundraiser can count on the support of Leland and I both.  Times may be tough, but joining in this effort together, we can help to ensure that The Dream not only survives, but thrives in the future.   Just as we say at events, many hands make light work, so here many small contributions (whatever we can each muster) make a big impact.  This is a great way to remind ourselves that this is not just a noble way to make an event work, but a noble way to make life work.

      I may sound very "Hallmark channel" right now, but I believe it one hundred percent.

      In Service to the Dream,

      Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
      Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
      SCA Resume

      ____________ _________ _________ __
      In response to this current fiscal crisis and your announcement that there will be a fund raiser at the April event I would like to pledge $100  to seed this project.
      In addition, I challenge each member of this Barony to pledge and give as each is financially capable.  Even if it is just $1.00, it will be a help and will show the rest of the Kingdom our mettle.

      Your servant,
      Duke Dagan

      Sell Online

      Start selling with