Re: [Ayreton] Fundraiser

  • D'vorah bint al-Attar
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012
      On 5 Feb 2012, at 10:56 PM, V. Townsend wrote:

      > Sarafina,
      >
      > In response to this current fiscal crisis and your announcement that there will be a fund raiser at the April event I would like to pledge $100 to seed this project.
      >
      > In addition, I challenge each member of this Barony to pledge and give as each is financially capable. Even if it is just $1.00, it will be a help and will show the rest of the Kingdom our mettle.
      >

      > Your servant,
      >
      > Duke Dagan

      Are there plans for other methods of fund-raising as well? I honestly don't even have a spare dollar right now (don't ask, but there are two family-mandated plane trips this year when normally we travel about once every other year at most), but I did think of one thing I could do.

      I remember when two families' homes were fire damaged in the recent past, and people came together to auction off goods and services as a benefit for them. It won't help us get the funds up within the 10 days, but if anyone is up to planning that kind of event, it could potentially help us restock our coffers going forward. Towards that end, I have a few pottery items that I haven't sold, from just before my elbows tendered their resignation from ceramic work. If such an auction is done, I'd like to donate them to the cause. Just one thought, and I'm sure that there are many other ideas floating around, but I thought I'd put this in there.
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
    • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2012
        Sarafina,

        The fundraiser can count on the support of Leland and I both.  Times may be tough, but joining in this effort together, we can help to ensure that The Dream not only survives, but thrives in the future.   Just as we say at events, many hands make light work, so here many small contributions (whatever we can each muster) make a big impact.  This is a great way to remind ourselves that this is not just a noble way to make an event work, but a noble way to make life work.

        I may sound very "Hallmark channel" right now, but I believe it one hundred percent.

        In Service to the Dream,
        Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
        Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
        SCA Resume

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2012
          Greetings All,

          Your Grace, your generousity astounds and delights me. The SCA is very important to me as I have met my husband here, many dear friends, and found a way to support my fabric aquisition habit. The Middle Kingdom and SCA will need more funds beyond what they are requesting here to deal with the aftermath of the situation. We will have at least one fund raiser going on at Stone Dog to help replenish the coffers and help this game continue on.

          As we pin down more details, I will make an announcement regarding what will be happening and what assistance is requires.

          Thank you to everyone for stepping up.

          In Service,

          Sarafina

          --
          Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL, OP
          Seneschal - Barony of Ayreton

        • Jeffnaggie
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2012
            Jeff and I are in.  For both Foxvale and Ayreton.  Long live the Dream.