gentle in need of aid

  • Dolores Becker
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
      A few months ago, as many of you know, Adam/Rubyn moved in with us, after his previous living situation fell apart.  Due to worsening financial circumstances, I will shortly be moving into someplace smaller and cheaper, and I will not be able to continue to help him with living arrangements.  If anyone out there can offer him space, please contact him offlist at saganth@....  I recommend him without reservation as a man of good heart who has given me no cause to complain of his presence in my home.  Please keep him from having to live in his car.

      Living the Code, Serving the Dream

      Berngard Solgai, called Moose
      Dark Horde Moritu
      Canton of Foxvale

    • Sarafina Sinclair
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
        Greetings,

        I would recommend to him and anyone facing homelessness to go and get connected with the PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter) program nearest them. The NW burbs PADS is run by Journeys. They work with those at risk of homelessness and the homeless. There are social workers and medical care is available.

        Emergency shelter is available every night of the week at different sites from Oct until April. Guests receive a hot dinner, breakfast, and a bag lunch. The hope center is open during the day and provides meals as well.

        You do have to register at the Hope Center first to become eligible. I know this isn't a permanent solution, but I know they can help.

        Sarafina

        T-Mobile, America's First Nationwide 4G Network
        Sent by Samsung Mobile

        Dolores Becker <danceswithwords42@...> wrote:

        >A few months ago, as many of you know, Adam/Rubyn moved in with us, after his previous living situation fell apart.  Due to worsening financial circumstances, I will shortly be moving into someplace smaller and cheaper, and I will not be able to continue to help him with living arrangements.  If anyone out there can offer him space, please contact him offlist at saganth@....  I recommend him without reservation as a man of good heart who has given me no cause to complain of his presence in my home.  Please keep him from having to live in his car.
        >
        >Living the Code, Serving the Dream
        >
        >Berngard Solgai, called Moose
        >Dark Horde Moritu
        >Canton of Foxvale

        >The almost right life is nothing at all. The right life is dangerous, open-ended, more questions than answers, a map to undiscovered countries.
        >-- 'Chasing Shakespeares' by Sarah Smith
      • Sarafina Sinclair
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
          Here's the contact info for Journeys:

          1140 E. Northwest Hwy
          Palatine IL 60074
          847-963-9163
          wwwpadstohope.org

          In Service,

          Sarafina

          T-Mobile, America's First Nationwide 4G Network
          Sent by Samsung Mobile

          Dolores Becker <danceswithwords42@...> wrote:

          >A few months ago, as many of you know, Adam/Rubyn moved in with us, after his previous living situation fell apart.  Due to worsening financial circumstances, I will shortly be moving into someplace smaller and cheaper, and I will not be able to continue to help him with living arrangements.  If anyone out there can offer him space, please contact him offlist at saganth@....  I recommend him without reservation as a man of good heart who has given me no cause to complain of his presence in my home.  Please keep him from having to live in his car.
          >
          >Living the Code, Serving the Dream
          >
          >Berngard Solgai, called Moose
          >Dark Horde Moritu
          >Canton of Foxvale

          >The almost right life is nothing at all. The right life is dangerous, open-ended, more questions than answers, a map to undiscovered countries.
          >-- 'Chasing Shakespeares' by Sarah Smith
        • V. Townsend
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012

            Sarafina,

            In response to this current fiscal crisis and your announcement that there will be a fund raiser at the April event I would like to pledge $100  to seed this project.

            In addition, I challenge each member of this Barony to pledge and give as each is financially capable.  Even if it is just $1.00, it will be a help and will show the rest of the Kingdom our mettle.

            Your servant,

            Duke Dagan

          • D'vorah bint al-Attar
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012
              On 5 Feb 2012, at 10:56 PM, V. Townsend wrote:

              > Sarafina,
              >
              > In response to this current fiscal crisis and your announcement that there will be a fund raiser at the April event I would like to pledge $100 to seed this project.
              >
              > In addition, I challenge each member of this Barony to pledge and give as each is financially capable. Even if it is just $1.00, it will be a help and will show the rest of the Kingdom our mettle.
              >

              > Your servant,
              >
              > Duke Dagan

              Are there plans for other methods of fund-raising as well? I honestly don't even have a spare dollar right now (don't ask, but there are two family-mandated plane trips this year when normally we travel about once every other year at most), but I did think of one thing I could do.

              I remember when two families' homes were fire damaged in the recent past, and people came together to auction off goods and services as a benefit for them. It won't help us get the funds up within the 10 days, but if anyone is up to planning that kind of event, it could potentially help us restock our coffers going forward. Towards that end, I have a few pottery items that I haven't sold, from just before my elbows tendered their resignation from ceramic work. If such an auction is done, I'd like to donate them to the cause. Just one thought, and I'm sure that there are many other ideas floating around, but I thought I'd put this in there.
              D'vorah bint al-Attar
              dvorah@...
              Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
            • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2012
                Sarafina,

                The fundraiser can count on the support of Leland and I both.  Times may be tough, but joining in this effort together, we can help to ensure that The Dream not only survives, but thrives in the future.   Just as we say at events, many hands make light work, so here many small contributions (whatever we can each muster) make a big impact.  This is a great way to remind ourselves that this is not just a noble way to make an event work, but a noble way to make life work.

                I may sound very "Hallmark channel" right now, but I believe it one hundred percent.

                In Service to the Dream,
                Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton
                Protege to Master Etienne le Couteau des Roches, OP
                SCA Resume

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 6, 2012
                  Greetings All,

                  Your Grace, your generousity astounds and delights me. The SCA is very important to me as I have met my husband here, many dear friends, and found a way to support my fabric aquisition habit. The Middle Kingdom and SCA will need more funds beyond what they are requesting here to deal with the aftermath of the situation. We will have at least one fund raiser going on at Stone Dog to help replenish the coffers and help this game continue on.

                  As we pin down more details, I will make an announcement regarding what will be happening and what assistance is requires.

                  Thank you to everyone for stepping up.

                  In Service,

                  Sarafina

                  --
                  Baroness Sarafina Sinclair, OL, OP
                  Seneschal - Barony of Ayreton

                • Jeffnaggie
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 6, 2012
                    Jeff and I are in.  For both Foxvale and Ayreton.  Long live the Dream.