Re: [Ayreton] Vanished Wood announces SCRIBAL DAY OF PLAY, Sunday, March 4

  • Carrot Khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
      The proto-incipient Canton of Elv av Tiden welcomes our baronial neighbors into our teeny realm for the purposes of scribal fun.  Our newly minted Baron and Baroness of Carriag Ban will welcome you as well! (Its already been forwarded to our lists)

      Jadwiga Wlodzislawska
      Elv av Tiden (Elgin) Seneschal

      On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Jill Elaine Hughes <jillhughes2@...> wrote:

      PLEASE FORWARD/POST WIDELY!

      The Canton of Vanished Wood announces a SCRIBAL DAY OF PLAY, a mini-event devoted to the scribal arts!

      We will be hosting a SCRIBAL DAY OF PLAY on Sunday March 4th from 9 am to 5 pm
      at The Kathy Freeman Center at LITTLE ANGELS CENTER FOR EXCEPTIONAL CARE. The
      address is 1435 Summit St. Elgin, IL 60120 and is the site we used for All
      SOUL'S Elizabethan Event and Dark Ages Event. More info on the site can be
      found at www.littleangels.org

      Lady Mariza de la Courete (jillhughes2@...) and Mistress Katharine von Schlosserwald (knwkfw@...) and I are coordinating this event. We hope to have a "guest
      celebrity" and perhaps a "goodie bag" for attendees. There will be NO SITE FEE
      but we ask that DONATION be made to Little Angels. We plan to offer an
      inexpensive lunch. The site is "wet" but that is probably not an issue with this
      type of activity.
      WE ARE LOOKING FOR SCRIBAL TEACHERS, WORKSHOP FACILITIATORS, VENDORS, and anyone else who can volunteer to make this a fun event.  Anything directly or tangentially related to scribal arts is welcome! (calligraphy, illumination, research, bookbinding, papermaking, protocol, materials, etc) Please get in touch with Mariza and Katharine if you would like to teach, facilitiate, lecture, or volunteer!

      YIS,
      Mariza

      Contributing Writer, University of Phoenix Writer Network
      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist