Fwd: [Mid] Fwd: [SCA-AE] medieval clothing resource

  • Jeffnaggie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2012

      From: katerinfg <katerinfg@...>
      To: sca-middle <sca-middle@...>
      Sent: Wed, Jan 18, 2012 12:01 pm
      Subject: [Mid] Fwd: [SCA-AE] medieval clothing resource

      I think that this is a cause that many of us will wish to join.

      Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

      From: Katrin Kania <katrin.kania@...>
      Date: Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:04 AM
      Subject: [MEDTC-DISCUSS] English Version of "Kleidung im Mittelalter"
      To: MEDTC-DISCUSS@yahoogroups.com

      as some of you might know, my dissertation about construction and
      sewing technique of medieval garments in Europe from 500 to 1500,
      titled "Kleidung im Mittelalter" was published in 2010 as the German
      original. I have been getting requests to publish it in English as
      well and have been looking for a publishing house for this.

      Unfortunately, it is not the easiest of things to find a suitable
      house that is interested in publication. I have, however, now found
      one that is considering a publication. It's not all settled yet, but
      if you are interested in buying an English version and would like to
      be informed about developments, you can subscribe to an infoletter

      With your subscription, you are also signaling your interest so the
      publisher and me so we can figure out how big the print run can be,
      and you give us an indication for pricing. And please pass on this
      information - the more people know about it, the better!

      Thanks and all the best,

      Katrin Kania: "Kleidung im Mittelalter. Materialien - Konstruktion -
      Nähtechnik. Ein Handbuch."
      529  S. mit 357 s/w-Abb. und 51 farb. Abb. auf 24  Taf. Böhlau-Verlag Köln
      Preis 67,90 €
      ISBN 978-3-412-20482-2

      Dr. Katrin Kania M.A.
      An der Lauseiche 8
      91058 Erlangen

      Telefon: 09131-816665
      mobil: 0160-91614276
      Blog (englisch) auf togs-from-bogs.blogspot.com

      Sarah Goslee
      Sca-aethelmearc mailing list
      Send general discussion email to discussion@... to post to the list.
      Email Official announcements to announcements@... .
      more info, archives, subscription changes, etc.
      When replying to posts, you should remove excess quotage.