Fwd: [SCA Kingdom of the Middle] People who would enjoy martial arts...

  • Jeffnaggie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2012

      From: Kathleen Evans Dyer <notification+zrdohgldidg1@...>
      To: SCA Kingdom of the Middle <2666816180@...>
      Sent: Thu, Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm
      Subject: [SCA Kingdom of the Middle] People who would enjoy martial arts...

      People who would enjoy martial arts...
      Kathleen Evans Dyer1:44pm Jan 12
      People who would enjoy martial arts demonstrations might wish to visit this demonstration. It is the Sunday after Festival of Maidens in Wurm Wald. This invitation to the nearby Spurlock Museum just came through. http://www.spurlock.uiuc.edu/

      The Spurlock Museum is holding a demonstration on Sunday, January 29th at 2 p.m. in the Japanese martial arts of iaido and kobujutsu.
      Iaido is the art of drawing, cutting and returning the sword to its scabbard while kobujutsu is the art of the various weapons of Okinawa - the bo (staff); the sai, the tonfa and others.
      The event is free to the public and questions & answers will follow the demonstration. Several teachers and students from Kobudokan dojo will be doing the demo.

      I hope that we will see members of your shire at the event.

      Dan Keding
      Welcome, Spurlock Museum, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
      www.spurlock.uiuc.edu
      With approximately 40,000 objects in its artifact collection, the Spurlock Museum at the University ...

      View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.