RE: [Ayreton] Practice this Sunday

  • Neal Sherry
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 5, 2012

      Excellent! And is practice still 2-6ish?

      Dru

      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 8, 2012
        Do we have a time frame for the day after 12th Night practice (are we in earlier than the normal start time)?
        I'm starting to get emails asking about location, directions, time, etc....

        Also we are on the 3rd floor last I saw, is this still correct?

        Thanks in advance.

        --
        Seamus MacBain

        ----------------------------------
        On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM, <mickel14@...> wrote:

        Unto the fighters of Ayreton, I give greetings.

        As the new year has finally begun, we are back to having practices at
        Ida Noyes hall at U of C on Sundays. This quarter we are on the third
        floor (there is an elevator) in the theater.

        If your new years resolution was to lose weight or get some exercise,
        this is a great and fun way to do so. Come out and join us so that we
        have new people to fight.

        in service,
        -Susanna the Short

      • Susan Mickelson
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 13, 2012
          Yes, normal practice is 2-6.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 2, 2012
            Unto the fighters of the barony, I give greetings.

            Yes, there WILL be practice on Superbowl Sunday. I can't promise that
            we will have a laptop with the game on it as we have in past years,
            but I can promise fun and fights.

            Are there any fencers who would be willing to show up on Sunday?
            There have been students off and on who have been interesting in
            fencing, and all I can tell them is that sometimes fencers do come. I
            don't know if any students will be there this week, but it would be
            useful to know when, if ever, the fencers will be coming out to play.

            in service,
            -Susanna the Short
          • Fern
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 5, 2012
              Susanna,

              Thanks for the message. I'm on my way to practic now.

              Fern

              Message 6 of 21 , May 10 5:46 AM
                Unto the fighters of Ayerton I give greetings.

                Here's a link about traffic for NATO, it should be mostly okay this weekend.  It looks like stuff is mostly closed around McCormick Place, so avoid there at all costs.  It's also the U of C Scavenger Hunt, but that doesn't usually affect us except for getting to watch students blow up watermelons.  Parking should not be any worse than usual.

                We have the third floor theater at 3:00, but practice starts at 2 out on the grass.  The weather should be lovely.

                http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/chicago-nato-summit-road-transportation-security-150218515.html

                In service,
                -Susanna

              • thomas penyngton