Practice this Sunday

  • mickel14@msu.edu
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 5, 2012
      Unto the fighters of Ayreton, I give greetings.

      As the new year has finally begun, we are back to having practices at
      Ida Noyes hall at U of C on Sundays. This quarter we are on the third
      floor (there is an elevator) in the theater.

      If your new years resolution was to lose weight or get some exercise,
      this is a great and fun way to do so. Come out and join us so that we
      have new people to fight.

      in service,
      -Susanna the Short
    • Neal Sherry
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 5, 2012

        Excellent! And is practice still 2-6ish?

        Dru

        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 8, 2012
          Do we have a time frame for the day after 12th Night practice (are we in earlier than the normal start time)?
          I'm starting to get emails asking about location, directions, time, etc....

          Also we are on the 3rd floor last I saw, is this still correct?

          Thanks in advance.

          --
          Seamus MacBain

          ----------------------------------
          On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM, <mickel14@...> wrote:

          Unto the fighters of Ayreton, I give greetings.

          As the new year has finally begun, we are back to having practices at
          Ida Noyes hall at U of C on Sundays. This quarter we are on the third
          floor (there is an elevator) in the theater.

          If your new years resolution was to lose weight or get some exercise,
          this is a great and fun way to do so. Come out and join us so that we
          have new people to fight.

          in service,
          -Susanna the Short

        • Susan Mickelson
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 13, 2012
            Yes, normal practice is 2-6.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 2, 2012
              Unto the fighters of the barony, I give greetings.

              Yes, there WILL be practice on Superbowl Sunday. I can't promise that
              we will have a laptop with the game on it as we have in past years,
              but I can promise fun and fights.

              Are there any fencers who would be willing to show up on Sunday?
              There have been students off and on who have been interesting in
              fencing, and all I can tell them is that sometimes fencers do come. I
              don't know if any students will be there this week, but it would be
              useful to know when, if ever, the fencers will be coming out to play.

              in service,
              -Susanna the Short
            • Fern
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 5, 2012
                Susanna,

                Thanks for the message. I'm on my way to practic now.

                Fern

                Message 7 of 21 , May 10, 2012
                  Unto the fighters of Ayerton I give greetings.

                  Here's a link about traffic for NATO, it should be mostly okay this weekend.  It looks like stuff is mostly closed around McCormick Place, so avoid there at all costs.  It's also the U of C Scavenger Hunt, but that doesn't usually affect us except for getting to watch students blow up watermelons.  Parking should not be any worse than usual.

                  We have the third floor theater at 3:00, but practice starts at 2 out on the grass.  The weather should be lovely.

                  http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/chicago-nato-summit-road-transportation-security-150218515.html

                  In service,
                  -Susanna

                • thomas penyngton