A gentle if not so subtle reminder - Scroll Case and Scroll Blank Challenge finishes up at Val Day AS 40

  • Ian Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2011
      PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD

      Greetings unto you from Lord Ian the Green,

      The Scribes of the Middle Kingdom are as honorable as they are creative and skilled and so with heart brought heavy by a need I write to you. The scroll blanks in the reserves of our regional signets and the Dragon Signet run dangerously low. Always have the artists and illuminators of the Middle Kingdom been making these needed scroll blanks for calligraphers to finish at Their Majesties need. The preparations and fighting of wars to keep our borders secure made it necessary to put away the pass times of peace but now in what respite we may have, our attention can, nay will, turn again to the pursuits best done in the absence of war.

      The cry of, "Challenge," has been given so that the crown may be resplendent in the good works of our artists and illuminators. Challenge! was the cry and so it shall be answered. Pray you, take out the dusty box of paints, pigments and paintbrushes and make beautiful scroll blanks worthy of their Dragon Majesties!

      You can find more information on this noble, worthy and honorable challenge here:

      midrealm scroll blank challenge | ianthegreen01

      You may have seen the missive that came from the Dragon Signet in the November Pale mentioning the need. Pray you, help fulfill it with good works, for the need is for scroll blanks worthy of the Crown to give them out.

      If your skills are not with paint, pigment and brush but is instead with fiber arts we have need of your skills as well. Court scrolls need good protection on what can be the perilous journey back to one's abode. Scroll cases provide this protection and does so well. These are simple things to make but the need for them is as great as the task is simple. Never made one before? Fear not a tutorial is available here:

      midrealm scroll case challenge | ianthegreen01

      The challenge is to create a pile of scroll cases as tall as His Majesty and I have no doubt that the good populace of the Middle Kingdom can meet this challenge and perhaps even exceed it.

      Populace of the Dragon, Populace of the Midrealm, we have until St. Valentines Day Massacre and Tournament of Chivalry on February 11 AS 46 (2012) to meet this challenge and I know we can do it! Entries can be turned in there. If you can not come fear not, send it with someone who is coming in your name and you will receive the proper credit for it.

      --
      Yours In Service,

      Lord Ian the Green