FW: Help Us Advocate for the Arts Across the State

  • Gary Link
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2011
      Please take a look, I think this is an important group to support. Please help if you can.

      In Service
      Hal

      Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:27:47 -0500
      From: joy@...
      To: hal@...
      Subject: Help Us Advocate for the Arts Across the State

      Support Arts Alliance Illinois

      Dear Gary,

      Do you believe the arts can change lives?

      I do. I believe the arts strengthen communities. They support a strong democracy and bring us closer to one another. I believe the arts transform us every day.

      Yet, in the first and only audit of arts education in Illinois schools, Arts Alliance Illinois found that one in five schools offers no instruction in visual art, music, theater, or dance. We have a lot to do to ensure every student in Illinois experiences the arts as part of a well-rounded education.

      Donate!
      We know arts learning helps young people prepare for success in school, work, and life. Students with high arts involvement are more likely to stay in school, earn higher grades, and perform better on standardized tests.

      To help make sure all students in Illinois, no matter where they live, have the opportunity to discover and express themselves through the arts, we launched the Arts & Education Exchange this fall.

      The Exchange is a free online tool that connects teachers and school leaders with arts providers who want to bring their programming to students who don't currently have access to the arts. Already, more than 250 museums, dance companies, orchestras, and theaters across the state have joined the Exchange.

      Hubbard Street Dance Chicago Education and Community Programs / Todd Rosenberg

      Will you help us make sure the Exchange reaches students in every school in Illinois? Will you help inspire children and teens through the arts? Will you help their creative spirits take flight?

      Please make a tax-deductible year-end contribution to Arts Alliance Illinois at www.artsalliance.org/support/donate. Any amount will help us advocate for the arts in Illinois.

      Thanks for all that you do,
      Ra Joy's Signature

      Ra Joy

      Executive Director

      Arts Alliance Illinois

      joy@...

      Twitter:@ra_joy

      This email was sent to hal@... by joy@... |
      Arts Alliance Illinois | 203 North Wabash | Suite 1920 | Chicago | IL | 60601