Re: [vanished_wood] Award Recommendations for Twelfth Night

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      Just to echo Herr Alexander's email below, PLEASE DO SUBMIT your award recommendations for Twelfth Night by the end of this weekend!  Anyone can recommend anyone for anything!, even peerages!  (No restrictions!) If you don't know how to do a recommendation , email me and I will walk you through the process.  I can also help explain what award(s) might be appropriate if you aren't sure which one to recommend.

      YIS,
      Mariza de la Courete
      Vanished Wood Pursuiviant

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
        As a few reminders

        Please check to see if the individual already has the award, by entering their name here: http://www.midrealm.org/op/op.php (It does not always come up with the individual, so sometimes I find it easier to first find the person by an award I know they already have)

        Please read a description of the awards here: http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/awards.php

        Please fill out this form to recommend them (very simple and very quick): http://www.midrealm.org/op/recommend/login.php?from=/op/recommend/

        -Verena

      • Justice Napier
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2011
          Just a quick note too, because it will help get the right awards out (and make my job easier).

          When you search the Order of Precedence, if you first don't find the person your looking for, use wild card searches.  This is especially useful to misspelled names (recently one that was recommended with one "L" in the name..in the OP with two "LL"...), if your unsure of how to spell the name, or fun gaelic names or others that have apostrophes in them.

          Example:

          Say your looking for Johnathon Blackcauldron to see what awards he has. (this name has been made up for example, any resemblance to members of the Society with same or similar names is coincidental).

          First search I would do would be: *Black* .  The Astrix (*) makes this a wild search, meaning look for the letters between the Astrix in that order with letters possibly preceding or following them.  This will bring lots of results, but give a better chance of finding them in the OP.

          Second search I might do: *caul* in the case that the first search failed, I would think maybe "Black" is spelled differently/specially.

          Note that I havn't searched by the first name.  This is because there are many different ways to spell this name, hence why it is my example.  Were I to run out of searches on the last name and still turned up no results, I would then try *Joh* then *Jo*

          I hope this helps in the future as you look for peoples awards already given.  Let us make sure our friends get a Purple Fret instead of a second Award of Arms and such.

          YIS,

          Lord Justice McArtain
          Dragon Signet

          Protege to Mistress Elena de Vexin
          Student to Mistress Angharad Rhos Tewdwr of Pembroke

          MKA Justice Napier Jr

          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com