Award Recommendations for Twelfth Night

  • Ashton G.A Schoeffler-Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011

      Greetings from your friendly neighborhood spider...er, Baronial Pursuivant,

      This is your final reminder, from me anyway, that there will be a Regency Court, held by Their Royal Highnessess, at Tree-girt-sea Twelfth Night next month.

      Now is the time to get on the Midrealm award recommendation website to make your recommendations.

      If you wait much longer then this weekend you will find it less likely the award is given. You may still be able to get it in after that point, but with the holidays it will be virtually impossible for the scribes to make it happen.

      So please get your recommendations in right away, for the recipients and the scribes sake.

      Just remember, anyone can recommend anyone for any award. You need not possess that award, or indeed any award, to make a recommendation.

      The recommendations are the only way that crown knows who to acknowledge in most cases, so you must act.

      Thank you for your attention,

      Baronial Pursuivant Ayreton

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Jill Elaine Hughes
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
        Just to echo Herr Alexander's email below, PLEASE DO SUBMIT your award recommendations for Twelfth Night by the end of this weekend!  Anyone can recommend anyone for anything!, even peerages!  (No restrictions!) If you don't know how to do a recommendation , email me and I will walk you through the process.  I can also help explain what award(s) might be appropriate if you aren't sure which one to recommend.

        YIS,
        Mariza de la Courete
        Vanished Wood Pursuiviant

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
          As a few reminders

          Please check to see if the individual already has the award, by entering their name here: http://www.midrealm.org/op/op.php (It does not always come up with the individual, so sometimes I find it easier to first find the person by an award I know they already have)

          Please read a description of the awards here: http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/awards.php

          Please fill out this form to recommend them (very simple and very quick): http://www.midrealm.org/op/recommend/login.php?from=/op/recommend/

          -Verena

        • Justice Napier
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2011
            Just a quick note too, because it will help get the right awards out (and make my job easier).

            When you search the Order of Precedence, if you first don't find the person your looking for, use wild card searches.  This is especially useful to misspelled names (recently one that was recommended with one "L" in the name..in the OP with two "LL"...), if your unsure of how to spell the name, or fun gaelic names or others that have apostrophes in them.

            Example:

            Say your looking for Johnathon Blackcauldron to see what awards he has. (this name has been made up for example, any resemblance to members of the Society with same or similar names is coincidental).

            First search I would do would be: *Black* .  The Astrix (*) makes this a wild search, meaning look for the letters between the Astrix in that order with letters possibly preceding or following them.  This will bring lots of results, but give a better chance of finding them in the OP.

            Second search I might do: *caul* in the case that the first search failed, I would think maybe "Black" is spelled differently/specially.

            Note that I havn't searched by the first name.  This is because there are many different ways to spell this name, hence why it is my example.  Were I to run out of searches on the last name and still turned up no results, I would then try *Joh* then *Jo*

            I hope this helps in the future as you look for peoples awards already given.  Let us make sure our friends get a Purple Fret instead of a second Award of Arms and such.

            YIS,

            Lord Justice McArtain
            Dragon Signet

            Protege to Mistress Elena de Vexin
            Student to Mistress Angharad Rhos Tewdwr of Pembroke

            MKA Justice Napier Jr

            To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com