Some Stone Dog recipes

  • kazoshea@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2007
      Since I was asked by a diverse amount of people for recipes I thought I would post them all over the place...

      Alioli - Garlic Spread

      1/2 - 12 cup ex-virgin olive oil
      4 + cloves of garlic
      salt
      lemon juice

      roast the garlic in skins wrapped in foil in 375 oven for about 45 minutes
      squeeze garlic out of skins and into blender
      run blender until garlic is smooth paste
      start adding olive oil to garlic in small drips, try to keep mixture to a paste like consistency, add small amount of salt, progress to a light stream of oil...add lemon juice to taste

      chicken packets

      chicken breast
      bacon
      oregano
      basil
      garlic salt
      pepper
      chianti

      cut chicken into strips wrap in bacon
      pack into a baking pan that has sides higher than the peices of chicken you are roasting
      crush 2-3 cloves of garlic ( do not chop), add basil & oregano sprigs, salt & pepper to taste
      pour chianti into pan until about 1/2 from top of pan. cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes in 350 oven. remove foil and cook about another 20 minutes. serve hot

      artichoke tarts

      1 can artichoke hearts ( about 14 oz)
      basil
      salt
      pepper
      mozzerlla cheese
      puff pastry sheet

      thaw 1 puff pastry sheet per package instructions
      chop artichoke hearts coursely
      spread in center of puff pastry sheet
      sprinkle with salt & pepper
      lay basil leaves over artichoke hearts
      sprinkle with mozzerella cheese
      fold puff pastry over top of mixture
      bake in 350 oven until pastry lightly browned

      sweet veggie crisps

      beets,sweet potatoes or carrots
      sugar
      salt

      heat 2"-3" of oil in pot until very hot 400 degrees or so
      slice veggies very thinly sprinkle with sugar & salt
      deep fry a few at a time until the edges are lightly browned
      remove and drain on paper towels

      Onion pie

      1 deep dish pie shell
      1 large sweet onion ( about 3/4 lb)
      salt
      saffron ( lightly crumbled)
      mozzerella cheese

      slice onion very thinly, spread in pie shell
      sprinkle with salt & saffron
      cover with a layer of cheese
      bake in 350-375 oven until top is lightly golden ( about 35-45 minutes)

      chestnut pasta

      1 cup all purpose flour
      1 cup semolina flour
      1/2 cup chestnut flour
      3 eggs large size not extra large or jumbo
      salt ( about 1/2 teaspoon)
      1 tablespoon water
      1 tablespoon  olive oil

      pour in semolina flour and then sift in chestnut and then all purpose flour blend flours well
      make a well in middle add 3 eggs mix in the eggs using a fork gradually blending the flour with the eggs, while doing this add in the olive oil and water. when tt becomes difficult to mix with fork start kneading the dough with your hands. knead until all dry ingredients incorporated into the dough. make into a ball and let rest for 20 minutes. after rest make into your favorite type of pasta ( linguine,orichetti,lasagne etc. etc.)

      the pasta at feast was melted butter with cinnamon and fresh mozzerella cheese. a tomato based sauce may not be the best tasting on a nut flour based pasta.

      strawberries in mint sauce

      strawberries
      mint
      sugar

      using either fresh or thawed strawberries, halve them
      sprinkle with a generous amount of sugar, tear a handful of mint leaves and then mix in with the strawberries. let sit a few hours. serve

      more to come
      Iago