Need semi-local seamstress and assistance with garb

  • Amy Woolard
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hello Fellow Ayreton-ites: I have ten yards of silk for a chemise or some type of undergarment, to go with a (not sure of the period) overdress
      that  I won at last year's Twelfth Night auction. I have hand-sewn on silk, but machine sewing it is beyond my capabilities. Is there anyone in the area
      who is within shouting distance of Rogers Park that I can throw some $$ at to help me get this done by Twelfth Night? I can try and have a   sketch of the chemise gizzy
      to bring with me to the "All Souls" event this Saturday.  I can also bring the overdress, and we can see if the undergarment that I have in mind
      is suitable for the dress.  I need someone who is experienced in sewing silk on a machine.  Not befuddled by this, but severely short on time, the Holidays are approaching.! Thanks, guys.  Ardena W. ( Amy Woolard) contact info: ardena@...

      The Mighty Oak Tree was formed by a nut which held its ground!
    • Julia Needlman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2011
        Hello Ardena,

        I am very willing to help you as I said.  I am really gone until next Monday because my apprentice in Caid is being crowned Queen on Saturday (Lots of garb was made for them). I am sorry that you thought that I was brushing you off. We just had bad timing.
        Call or e-mail for an appointment for the end of next week. I would be happy to get you going and make whatever pieces you would like.

        Juliana