All Soul's With The Plantagenets THIS SATURDAY!

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2011
      Greetings to one and all---(PLEASE FORWARD!)

      Just a friendly reminder to all that Vanished Wood's annual event, All Soul's, is this Saturday, November 5!

      Event information is available at the following link, including directions and housing options: http://www.vanishedwood.org/all-souls.php

      This event is FREE!  FREE! FREE!  No gate tax!  NONE!  Free for all!  (There is a cost for feast, but that is optional).  Feast is filling up fast, so get those reservations in early!

      We will be hosting a variety of classes at this event (see the above link for details, and we're still adding classes as we speak).  We will also have heavy weapons and rapier tournaments, with prizes.  Fee to enter the tournaments is 1 nonperishable food item for the Roselle United Methodist Church food pantry.

      Merchants: Several merchants will also be in attendance (Limited merchant space still available, email Lady Mariza at jillhughes2@... for details):
      Hearthstone Arts (Ceramics);
      Her Excellency Nadezda and THL Aethelwulf will be selling Handmade Glass, Hats and SCA Misc. Items
      Gillian Durham will be selling Fabric, Feastgear, and SCA Misc Items

      SILENT AUCTION!  We are hosting a silent auction to benefit the Royal Travel Fund.  Merchants are donating items, but we are also looking for donations from the general populace for the auction.  Anything SCA-related you wish to donate is appreciated. (feastgear, garb, accessories, books, arts/crafts items, etc)

      Heralds: Heraldic Consultation will be available on-site.  We can also use more heraldic volunteers for crying announcements, heraldic consultation, and field heraldry.  (Email Lady Mariza at jillhughes2@... if you wish to volunteer)

      Feast Entertainment: We are still accepting feast entertainers.  Email Lady Mariza at jillhughes2@...  for details.

      YIS,
      Lady Mariza de la Courete, Co-Event-Steward for Merchants, Heralds, and General Public Inquiries

      Contributing Writer, University of Phoenix Writer Network
      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist
      Avon Representative: www.youravon.com/jillhughes