Free desks STILL not claimed

  • Judith Epstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2011
      Friends, Ayretonites, countrymen, lend me your… hauling wagons. Akim is getting antsy.

      I have until 1 November to get two very good, solid, large desks (with hutches on top) out of my apartment. To the person who initially contacted me: I've lost your contact information, but three "tomorrows" that don't come are kind of a reason for me to once again offer the desks up to the group.

      Desks are good, solid wood, painted dark brown. If sanded down, they'd make excellent scrap for making other things, at the very least. One is lefty-configured (YES, it matters a great deal!) and the other is its mirror image.

      If they're not out of my place by 1 November, Akim swears he will chop them up IN THE OFFICE in order to carry them outside, piece by piece, and put them in the dumpster, because with his bad knee and my bad elbows, we haven't the ability to get them upstairs and outside by any other means.

      Please. Please. Please. PLEASE contact me and tell me you want -- and can remove from my apartment -- one or both of these gorgeous desks, so Akim can replace them with the "efficient" modern monstrosities that he adores outside of SCA settings. (It's from Ikea, and may G*D have mercy on his soul. I, on the other hand, don't have any mercy at all. I'm planning to serve cabbage soup three times in the week that he assembles and installs the new stuff. *sigh* WHY Lord WHY did I promise Akim he could decorate the office any way he wanted? Why didn't I retain right of veto?)
      Listen to the Mustn'ts, child. Listen to the Don'ts.
      Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts.
      Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me:
      Anything can happen, child. ANYTHING can be.

      -- Shel Silverstein
    • Willie
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2011
        Judith! I'm so sorry that was totally me!
        I just sent you an pvt email!

        Kith

        Sent from my iPhone