Call for Heralds and Feast Entertainment at All Soul's With The Plantagenets

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2011
      PLEASE FORWARD/CIRCULATE WIDELY!

      CALL FOR HERALDS AND FEAST ENTERTAINERS!

      Greetings to one and all from Lady Mariza de la Courete, Vanished Wood Pursuiviant!

      The Canton of Vanished Wood's annual event, All Soul's Day is a little less than a month away.  This year's event theme is All Soul's With The Plantagenets, and we will be celebrating all things 12th-century and Plantagenet-related all day long!

      This year's event takes place on Saturday, November 5 at Roselle United Methodist Church, 206 S. Rush Street
      in Roselle, Illinois 60172 (visit http://www.vanishedwood.org/all-souls.php for more info).  While we realize that we are competing with several other events, including the very large/royalty-attended event Crystal Ball in downstate Illinois the same day, our event is FREE!  Not only that, we are hosting a heavy weapons tournament and a rapier tournament, and also want to offer heraldic consultation.  I am the Vanished Wood herald, but I am also co-autocrat for the event (and my deputy herald is chief autocrat), and as such will be very busy, so we are in need of additional heraldic support!

      We need: Field Heralds, Consult Heralds (book and blazon), and General Cry Heralds.  You need not be warranted to help, though some experience/knowledge is helpful.  (A loud voice is all that is needed for Cry Heralds!).  Bring baldrics/tabards if you have them.  We'll have a few to loan out as well. If you can help, please email me at jillhughes2@....  (No calls, please).

      FEAST ENTERTAINERS:
      We are also looking for feast entertainment.  (Note that while the event is free, the feast is not, details at the link above).  Any and all entertainers are welcome, as long as your entertainment is reasonably period (i.e., no rock songs, please).  We are especially interested in any entertainment that fits our event theme, though this is not required.  We only ask that whatever your performance is, that it does not interfere with the feast servers or serving schedule.  If you would like to entertain, email me at jillhughes2@... along with a brief description of your performance.

      Hope to see you at the event!

      YIS,
      Mariza

      Contributing Writer, University of Phoenix Writer Network
      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist
      www.jillelainehughes.com
      www.jamaicalayne.com
      www.jayhughesbooks.com