Re: [Ayreton] Re: Court Behavior

  • Ian Green
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2011
      The Midrealm Protocol Handbook

      http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/forms/MKProtocolHandbook.pdf

      I hope this may be useful to you in some manner.

      Ian the Green

      On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM, <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:
      There is a handbook that covers many conventions of courteous behavior in court. It should be available by download at the Dragon Heralds website.

      I will be happy to provide the link when I am accessing my e-mail by computer instead of by phone if someone else hasn't already done so.

      Ian the Green

      From: D'vorah bint al-Attar <dvorah@...>
      Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:27 -0500
      Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Re: Court Behavior

      On 3 Oct 2011, at 10:59 AM, Verena Entenwirt wrote:

      > I took so video of some court aspects at this past Coronation. I can put together a little video example of what one does (such as when and who to bow to, and when to speak and/or kneel). Hopefully it will be helpful
      >
      > -Verena

      That would be brilliant!
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar

      Yours In Service,

      Lord Ian the Green, APF, CCK, AoA, APFy (Thieves of Hearts), ADF (Thieves of Hearts), Captain in the Thieves of Hearts

    • gmiller77@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 4, 2011
        I will be hosting the first Session at the Baronial Business Meeting on Sunday October 30th. More sessions to come in the weeks and months following that.

        I personally learn better from example and experience... That is after all, why I joined the SCA, to learn by experience and not just by books.

        I was always a hands on learner. I believe that a lot of our SCA folk are similar. Even if we don't all learn better from experience, we at least prefer to learn that way in the context of the SCA. Yes, reading has it's place in the Society, I will always praise that fact. However, it is by our doing that we learn the most logical way things might have been done. It is possible for 2 people to read something and have a completely different interpretation of it, but when something is done you find out what actually works and what is less then efficient.

        By Doing a demonstration session with opportunities to practice one can see what we are trying to tell someone with our books and then we can offer them the corrections to their actions in a polite and positive way, without them feeling awkward because they have no clue and might feel that people are judging them in real court.