Re: [Ayreton] Last Call Group train tickets to Crown Tourney and Naalbinding.

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011
      I have been on Amtrax trains that have done it both ways. Sometimes they do assign seats, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they assign boxes, but no seats.

      The early morning train is the 391 Saluki which is listed with a snack car. And the return one is the 392 Illini also with a snack car.

      The link to the snack car menu is here: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/BlobServer?blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobkey=id&blobwhere=1249219707706&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment;filename=Amtrak_Chicago_Hub_Cafe_122010.pdf

      Luckily "
      You may bring your own food and beverages onboard for consumption at your seat or private Sleeping Car accommodations" and "You may bring aboard your own private stock of alcoholic beverages". However, for those who do choose to go this route, I highly recommend you do that latter discreetly. (And yes, I will be discretely packing some of my homemade cordials.....I am ever willing to accept suggestions of what I brew for that weekend) .

      -Verena

      On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Sarafina Sinclair <Sarafina.Sinclair@...> wrote:

      Hola,

      From what I remember of riding the train, seats are not assigned. I recommend hanging out in the bar car. :)