Last Call Group train tickets to Crown Tourney and Naalbinding.

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2011
      This is the last call if you want me to get your train ticket to Crown (after this you can still get your own at Amtrax.com). I will be collecting any last minute money at Archery on Weds.

      So far we have:
      Baroness Nedezda
      Mistress Joceyyln
      Lordship Lukas
      Lady Ellenora
      Lady Khara
      Lady Verena
      Emma

      Anyone else, please let me know by Weds. (tomorrow).

      Thanks
      Verena

      On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Verena Entenwirt <verena@...> wrote:
      At this Thursday's Rokkhealden Moot, and at Coronation this weekend I will be collecting money from anyone who wants to sit together for the Train to Crown Trip on October 15th. Tickets are $30 (that includes tax) and leaves from Union Station at 8:15, and arrives down at Champagne Urbana. It is a 20 minute walk to site -- or we can see about getting some group taxis. The return train leaves at 7:59pm and arrives back in Chicago at 10:45 pm.

      For those who don't know me, I can't sit still for 2 hours without working on something. Therefore in honor of The Heirs (who will be the Crown by the tourney), I will be naalbinding (viking knitting) on the train.  I would be more then happy to help teach anyone either how to knit or how to naalbind on the trip down there, and will supply all the necessary materials and supplies. I will be working on either a viking hat or a pair of socks.

      If you would prefer to get your own tickets, you can do so here: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage

      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Midlands Regional A&S Champion

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Midlands Regional A&S Champion
      www.broomstich.com

    • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2011
        Fern and I are going by train, we already have reservations.

        If this Google-shortened URL works, it shows bus options from the Champaign train station to the event site.  Or walking... http://g.co/maps/rusf

        As far as I've been able to tell, tickets don't seem to have anything to do with seating.  Or at least the electronic ticket I got on the web site doesn't.  Maybe seats are assigned when I wave a barcode at the ticket printing machine.

        http://robyyan.googlepages.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2011
          Hola,

          From what I remember of riding the train, seats are not assigned. I recommend hanging out in the bar car. :)

          ss

          Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-ayreton@...> wrote:

          >Fern and I are going by train, we already have reservations.
          >
          >If this Google-shortened URL works, it shows bus options from the Champaign
          >train station to the event site. Or walking... http://g.co/maps/rusf
          >
          >As far as I've been able to tell, tickets don't seem to have anything to do with
          >seating. Or at least the electronic ticket I got on the web site doesn't.
          >Maybe seats are assigned when I wave a barcode at the ticket printing machine.
          >

          > --
          >Robyyan Torr d'Elandris (Dennis R. Sherman)
          >Tree-Girt-Sea, Ayreton, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
          >http://robyyan.googlepages.com
          >

          >________________________________

        • Verena Entenwirt
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011
            I have been on Amtrax trains that have done it both ways. Sometimes they do assign seats, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they assign boxes, but no seats.

            The early morning train is the 391 Saluki which is listed with a snack car. And the return one is the 392 Illini also with a snack car.

            The link to the snack car menu is here: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/BlobServer?blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobkey=id&blobwhere=1249219707706&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment;filename=Amtrak_Chicago_Hub_Cafe_122010.pdf

            Luckily "
            You may bring your own food and beverages onboard for consumption at your seat or private Sleeping Car accommodations" and "You may bring aboard your own private stock of alcoholic beverages". However, for those who do choose to go this route, I highly recommend you do that latter discreetly. (And yes, I will be discretely packing some of my homemade cordials.....I am ever willing to accept suggestions of what I brew for that weekend) .

            -Verena

            On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Sarafina Sinclair <Sarafina.Sinclair@...> wrote:

            Hola,

            From what I remember of riding the train, seats are not assigned. I recommend hanging out in the bar car. :)