a few good knights needed-demo

  • KCMalone3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011
      Greetings,

      I have had a request from the Plainfield school district for at least one if not 3 different possible dates for helping with a discussion on chivalry.  The class is for character building.  In the past 2 years, she has used a pirate theme and a cowboy theme.  This year, she is using knights and chivalry.  The 4 points are safety, using wise words, having helping hands and taking turns.  None of these require more than one or 2 knights.

      So, here is what she has asked about...

      First, sometime in the next couple of months, she would love a knight to come out and talk about chivalry.  This would be during the school day.  I did explain that most of our knights work, but that I would ask.

      Second, on a Saturday towards the end of Sept of the first part of October, she would love to have a female knight come out and talk about chivalry at a mother/daughter day that she is hosting on her farm for her class.

      After that, she is going to have a father/son day for the class and would love another knight to come out and talk to the group.  I assume a male knight would be the request.

      The third request, which I told her I didn't think we could field, is for an equestrian demo sometime this fall.  She said the school has enough room to have one there and she has stables and room at her place as well (anything at her place would definitely be a Saturday).  She is not interested in jousting specifically, but someone in armor who could show off the skills like taking of rings and so forth.  Sorry i do not know the exact skills/terminology.  I hope I was specific enough.

      She is not wanting to promote the fighting side of knighthood, but the code of chivalry.  Especially based on the 4 points mentioned above.  If you can help, please let me know and I will give you her contact information.  Thanks!  Oh, and please share with anyone who you know could help but is not on one of these lists.

      YIS.
      Anna