Crown by Train - reserved!

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24 8:12 PM
      We've decided we are definitely going to try the Crown by Train adventure. I've
      made reservations for us, we'd be happy to see other people along the way.

      We ended up with "Reserved Coach Seats". There doesn't appear to be an option
      for unreserved coach, and I can't find a place on the web site to do seat
      assignment. It may not be possible to pre-arrange seating for groups that are
      separately ticketed. But I bet we can finesse that once on the train.

      Do take a look at baggage policies on the Amtrak site (http://www.amtrak.com).
      For this event, for us, some of the prohibitions won't matter, but they
      specifically list archery equipment, nightsticks, and club like objects as
      forbidden. :-) Also, no checked bags for Chicago/Champaign, and carryon bag
      size and number is limited. I will *not* be taking the Big Box o' Instruments.

      I don't know what the timing is, but ticket prices will go up as the date
      approaches. Our cost for 2 round trip tickets with AAA membership discount is
      $50.40.

      Hope to see some of you on the train!
      http://robyyan.googlepages.com