Crown Tourney by train anyone?

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2011
      We're thinking about day tripping to Crown Tourney by train. Anyone else
      interested?

      What I've learned so far:

      Round trip train fare $28 (10% discount for AAA members)

      Saturday, October 15, 2011
      391 Saluki (CHI - CHM)
      Depart Union Station: 8:15 am, Sat, Oct 15, 2011 Arrive Champaign-Urbana: 10:25
      am, Sat, Oct 15, 2011

      There's several bus routes from the train station to the Union (event site), bus
      fare $1.00, or $2.00 for an all-day pass on Saturday and Sunday. Google
      estimates the bus trip at 7 minutes. Or about a 20 minute walk, just under a
      mile.

      And return,

      Last bus from the union looks like 6:48pm.

      Saturday, October 15, 2011
      392 Illini (CHM - CHI)
      Depart Champaign-Urbana: 7:59 pm, Sat, Oct 15, 2011 Arrive Union Station: 10:45
      pm, Sat, Oct 15, 2011

      Information gleaned from:
      http://www.amtrak.com
      http://g.co/maps/rusf (Google map showing bus from Amtrak to Union)

      http://robyyan.googlepages.com
    • Verena Entenwirt

        Saturday, October 15, 2011
        392 Illini (CHM - CHI)
        Depart Champaign-Urbana: 7:59 pm, Sat, Oct 15, 2011 Arrive Union Station: 10:45
        pm, Sat, Oct 15, 2011

        Information gleaned from:

        --
        Lady Verena Entenwirth
        Midlands Regional A&S Champion

      • Roana
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 24, 2011
          This is actually a brilliant idea for those not carting an immense amount of stuff. I would say that the walk from the station to the Union is a relatively easy walk, especially if carrying just a single bag. The buses are a fantastic option for those carrying more, or possibly a van taxi - which are normally parked to the west of the station - is an affordable option for multiple people with several items each.

          Please feel free to contact myself or Aleator the Bohemian if our local group can help make arrangements on our end. Our contact information is on the website at: www.wurmwald.org/crown

          Yours in Eternal Service to the Crown,
          Lady Roana Aldinoch
          Event Steward, Crown Tourney
          Seneschal, Wurmwald

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-ayreton@...> wrote:

          > We're thinking about day tripping to Crown Tourney by train. Anyone else
          > interested?
          >
          > What I've learned so far:
          >
          > Round trip train fare $28 (10% discount for AAA members)
          >

          > Saturday, October 15, 2011
          > 391 Saluki (CHI - CHM)
          > Depart Union Station: 8:15 am, Sat, Oct 15, 2011 Arrive Champaign-Urbana: 10:25
          > am, Sat, Oct 15, 2011
          >

          > There's several bus routes from the train station to the Union (event site), bus
          > fare $1.00, or $2.00 for an all-day pass on Saturday and Sunday. Google
          > estimates the bus trip at 7 minutes. Or about a 20 minute walk, just under a
          > mile.
          >
          > And return,
          >
          > Last bus from the union looks like 6:48pm.
          >

          > Saturday, October 15, 2011
          > 392 Illini (CHM - CHI)
          > Depart Champaign-Urbana: 7:59 pm, Sat, Oct 15, 2011 Arrive Union Station: 10:45
          > pm, Sat, Oct 15, 2011
          >

          > Information gleaned from:
          > http://www.amtrak.com
          > http://g.co/maps/rusf (Google map showing bus from Amtrak to Union)
          >
          > --
          > Robyyan Torr d'Elandris (Dennis R. Sherman)
          > Tree-Girt-Sea, Ayreton, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
          > http://robyyan.googlepages.com

        • Christian Fournier
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 24, 2011
            > We're thinking about day tripping to Crown Tourney by train. Anyone else
            > interested?

            Sounds like fun! I'd be up for it!

            XF
          • Nadezda