It's Not Too Late...

  • MacGregorsCairn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2011
      …to offer a class at Middle Kingdom Academy of Defence (MKAOD) XIV, September 2-4 in Ravenslake!

      We have class times available for martial (mornings) and non-martial (all day) classes of all sorts, including (but DEFINITELY NOT limited to):
      ~brewing and vintning – in its own controllable-access area
      ~dance
      ~heraldry
      ~fiber arts
      ~armoured combat
      ~rapier combat

      Interested? Contact the class coordinator, THL Marie la Fauconniere, at macgregorscairn@... . And be sure to check out the MKAOD website at http://www.ravenslake.org/MKAOD.html for directions, schedules, and special activities (including the current class list – update coming soon!).

      Come join the fun as Ravenslake celebrates its 21st birthday at MKAOD XIV, where we're coming of age but we refuse to grow up!

      (cross-posted to Ravenslake; Ayerton; Middlebridge; MidBards; Village Green; Caer Anterth Mawr; Northshield Hall - please feel free to forward to other appropriate venues)
      Modern: Nita L. Lewis
      SCA: THL Marie la Fauconniere, CDH, OW, Meadows Herald
      Shire of Ravenslake, Midlands, Kingdom of the Middle
      "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is freedom. In water there is bacteria."
    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2011
        If I haven't already offered, I can teach How To Play Bowed Psaltery:

        How to Play Bowed Psaltery - This is a beginning level class for anyone who has ever wanted to try to play a musical instrument.  The bowed psaltery is so easy to play; almost anyone can play a tune in less than a minute!  No previous instrumental ability or sight-reading is required - this is the instrument for anyone who would like to make music, but doesn't think they can.

        There will be a short lecture on the historical instrument followed by everyone who wants to try it taking turns playing.

        This class is not limited, but children under twelve must have a parent present.

        I notice there are no A&S classes up on the website.
        Does that mean there are no A&S classes?

        Tabitha, trying to be helpful.