Re: Basic Italian Renaissance Dress Workshop

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
      Greetings all.

      Some confusion on this it seems though it mostly seems to have
      worked itself out.

      SATURDAY March 3, 2007

      - Grey Gargoyles, Stone Dog Inn - Come help take it back from the
      new management.

      http://ayreton.org/stonedoginn/

      SUNDAY March 4, 2007

      - Itallian dress making workshop in preperation of the Ayreton
      Carnivale and Midlands Regional A&S Faire.

      SATURDAY March 23, 2007

      - First (hopefully annual) Ayreton Event - Ayreton Carnivale and
      Midlands Regional A&S Faire. Come and see the splendor of Ayreton
      and the Midlads Arts and Sciences.

      http://ayreton.org/

      I hope this timeline clears things up a bit for everyone.

      I hope many of you attend Stone Dog Inn On March 3, 2007. If you
      are interested in learning new partterns or improving skill you
      already have, enjoy the dress making workshop.

      And of course, I look forward to seeing you all at the Ayreton
      Carnivale.

      Ian the Green
      Chatelain - Grey Gargoyles
      Ayreton Towne Cryer
    • kateslists@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
        Oops, you're right.  I apologize.  One of our old event names was "the beast march fourth" on, of course, 3/4.  That name's been sticking in my head even though this is a different event..... This year it's Saturday March 3rd.

        From: Jenna Klauss <lttlems1@...>

        The Stone Dog event Is the 3rd I thought.  Which event are you speaking of?  Aldyet picked a day that would work for her I was just putting it out to the lists that are in the area.  She is new to the area and wanted to offer her vast knowledge of garb to prepare for the Ayreton event.

        Keiley

        kateslists@comcast. net wrote:
        Umm, did you really mean to schedule this opposite another event in Ayreton.  Grey Gargoyles is holding their/our event on March 4.

        Bojei
        (who's interested in the pattern)

        From: "ldyaldyet" <aldyet@broomstich. com>
        But wait it says "Ayreton Fest: An Italian Carnivale" Garb Prep
        Or
        Learn how to make a Basic Italian Renaissance Dress that fits!

        Would you like to go to the Italian Carnivale Ayreton Event in style,
        but don't have an Italian dress? March 4th, there will be a Basic
        Italian Renaissance Dress Workshop. Yes!, I said basic! We will be
        constructing two types of basic simple Italian Dresses that will not
        only fit correctly, but will allow you to attend the Ayreton event in
        style. The long waist Italian Ren is perfect for all body types,
        while the high waisted type is suited for those more endowed in the
        chest. Both dresses can be made with or without fun Italian Sleeves.
        Unfortunately, due to the size of the location, there is an 8 person
        limit, so please RSVP. We also ask that you leave all small creatures
        at home (including dogs and children)

        Aldyet Le Chaundeleur & Keiley Duchem

        The Details
        What: Italian R en Female Sewing Day
        When: March 4th
        Where: Naperville, IL
        Limit: 8 people
        RSVP: By Feb 26th.
        Session 1: Long Waist Italian Ren Dress: 10 am � 5 pm
        Session 2: High Waist Italian Ren Dress: 10:30 am- 5 pm

        Full information, including more detailed yardage requirements will
        be sent out when you RSVP

        Session 1:
        +Long Waist Italian Renaissance Dress
        *Cost (with corset): $6
        *Cost (without corset): $15
        � 5 yards of fabric or 3.5 yards of two complimentary fabrics.
        Works best with Cotton, brocade, or velvet.
        � Matching thread
        � 1 Roll Duck Tape
        � An old shirt, which can be destroyed
        � Trim (optional)
        � Requires an under chemise (not included)

        Session 2:
        Short Waist Italian Renaissance Dress
        *Cost (Back lace): $6
        *Cost (Side Lace): $7
        � 2 yards of a "special" fabric & 4 yards of a plain
        coordinating or complimentary fabric. "Special" works best as velvet,
        brocade, or geometric print cotton . Plain fabric works best as solid
        cotton fabric.
        � Matching thread
        � 1 Roll Duck Tape
        � An old shirt, which can be destroyed
        � Trim (optional)
        � Requires an under chemise (not included)

        Additional Information:
        Please RSVP to Aldyet (aldyet@broomstich. com) for additional
        information.
        When you RSVP, you will receive driving directions, yardage
        requirements, and other information.
        If you have a sewing machine, please bring it with you.
        If you have a particular image/picture of an Italian dress that
        resembles either of these dresses we will try to the best of our
        abilities to tailor the dress to the image.
        We will be ordering sandwiches for lunch, so please bring additional
        $.

        + Garment looks best with a corset. Corset directions, patterns, and
        kits are available as well as custom made corsets available for
        additional charge. However a corset is not requi re d.
        * Cost includes grommets, metal stays (boning), and handout

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

      • Jenna Klauss
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
          Correction, Ian. The Ayreton event is Saturday the 24th of March

          Kisses
          Keiley

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ message/649

          SATURDAY March 23, 2007

          - First (hopefully annual) Ayreton Event - Ayreton Carnivale and
          Midlands Regional A&S Faire. Come and see the splendor of Ayreton
          and the Midlads Arts and Sciences.

          http://ayreton. org/

          I hope this timeline clears things up a bit for everyone.

          I hope many of you attend Stone Dog Inn On March 3, 2007. If you
          are interested in learning new partterns or improving skill you
          already have, enjoy the dress making workshop.

          And of course, I look forward to seeing you all at the Ayreton
          Carnivale.

          Ian the Green
          Chatelain - Grey Gargoyles
          Ayreton Towne Cryer

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?

        • David Roland
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2007
            Ayup... Would you believe it was a typo?

            Wouldja?

            :-)

            Ian