Re: [Ayreton] Re: Fighter Practice this Tuesday- Visiting Knight

  • Seamus MacBain
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2011
      Black and white shield wearing chainmail shirt is Vidarr Einarsson
      (15, 25, 37 second videos), the all red samurai is Nissan Maxima (18
      sec, 1:26, and 1:48 videos), the 41 second video ... I'm at a loss for
      the fighters name.

      --
      Seamus

      On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Verena Entenwirt <verena@...> wrote:

      > I would like to thank everyone who came out the other night. We got
      > some fun little snap shot videos- and I finally got them updated on my
      > youtube chanel.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/user/brynachndlr?feature=mhee
      >
      > If you are one of the fighters in the video, and I don't have you
      > listed- feel free to comment on the videos with your name. Or you can
      > also email me offlist or through youtube with the video length and
      > your name- and I will change the header of the video to include you.
      >
      > Verena
      >
      > On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Verena Entenwirt
      > <verena@...> wrote:
      > > I wanted to send out a quick reminder that we will be having a visiting
      > > Knight/Count from Calontir up at the Northside fighter practice, Graf Sir
      > > Hirsch.
      > >
      > > For those who are not normal fighters to this practice, it is at
      > > 2300 Shermer Rd in Northbrook, IL ( Glenbrook North High School)-  from
      > > 6:30-9 pm. I am not sure if we will be inside our outside the school- so
      > > pack and dress accordingly.
      > >
      > > This will be a great opertunity for some pre-pennsic practice, to get some
      > > tips from a visiting Knight, or to just have one heck of a good fight with
      > > someone you don't normally get to fight.
      > >
      > > Any questions, feel free to contact me at verena@...
      > >

      > > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM, The Stoutmaker <stoutmaker72@...>
      > > wrote:
      > >>

      > >> This would be Graf Sir Hirsch, former King of Calontir. He's one hell of a
      > >> tough fight, but also one hell of a good fight. He used to school me quite
      > >> often, but I have never had so much fun taking my whoopin' while fighting
      > >> heavy. Hirsch is looking to try out fighting with some new faces that he
      > >> doesn't normally get to fight, while in town for work. So if you're yearning
      > >> to fight a new face at weekly fighter practice, grab your armor and come on
      > >> out this coming Tuesday.
      > >>
      > >> So come on out and test your skills, have some fun and meet one hell of a
      > >> guy and fighter.
      > >>
      > >> HL Lukas Mesmer
      > >> Ayreton Archery Champion
      > >> Ayreton Archery Marshall
      > >> Squire to Graf Sir Hirsch Ross Eichman
      > >>

      > > --
      > > Lady Verena Entenwirth
      > > Midlands Regional A&S Champion
      > > www.broomstich.com
      > >

      > --
      > Lady Verena Entenwirth
      > Midlands Regional A&S Champion
      > www.broomstich.com

    • Fern
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2011
        Dear Richard and Verena, and all the other kind volunteers,

        You guys are the best! Thank you so much for the offers to help with Robyyan's vigil!

        Robyyan and I are trying hard to strike a balance between a formal "traditional" vigil, and an easy, laid-back vigil. It is particularly difficult for us since it has been years since we graduated any dependents and set up a traditional vigil. And now we're Olde Pharts, and can't remember everything! All assistance is appreciated!

        As far as I can figure out, here is our "Wish List" for the traditional vigil at the Ayreton camp on Wednesday Aug 10.

        Equipment:
        Big tent/ shade fly for visitors in line (Thanks, Richard!)
        Little tent for Robyyan and single guest (Thanks, Richard!)
        Two chairs in little tent
        Small table in little tent to display Pelican regalia, with tablecloth.
        Refreshment stand (table with tablecloth)
        trash basket (Very Important!)

        Supplies for 25-30 visitors (Fern's estimate of the number of non-Ayreton people who will climb the hill in the morning). Plus enough for the Ayreton camp.
        Coffee (Verena, thanks for your kind offer! We are hoping to take the easy route of purchasing coffee, but we may still need your help!)
        Tea?
        Fruit juice
        milk/creamer
        sugar
        stirrers
        Food (donuts, muffins,etc)
        Food (fruit?)
        paper plates
        paper cups, insulated for hot drinks
        paper napkins

        Staff;
        1-2 people to maintain the refreshment table
        1 person to greet visitors and organize the waiting line
        1-2 people for honor guards at Robyyan's tent (Is this too formal for a breakfast vigil?)
        2 people for clean-up (VERY IMPORTANT because Robyyan is scheduled for Peer on Duty at 11 am. Robyyan will not be able to help with clean-up as he wishes. And Fern has a Chivalry meeeting at noon, so she is also on a tight schedule.)

        It would be easiest to purchase all the necessary food and supplies, if we can figure out where to buy coffee. Apparently there isn't a Dunkin Donuts nearby, but we're still looking.

        The most important help is with the equipment and the staff. Any additional volunteers, ideas, and advice will be much appreciated!

        Also remember that Robyyan is looking forward to his "non-traditional vigil as a water-bearer with the Ayreton Angels on the battlefield. Please send any other vigil visitors to Robyyan there---he'll be wearing ORANGE so you can find him. There'll be a small amount of setup there, too -- a table for notebook and regalia, and a greeter/line organizer would be good, but probably not more than that.

        thank you so very much! This will be a very special event for Robyyan!

        Fern
      • kharmindh
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30, 2011
          Happy Saturday, Fern!

          In the recent past, there has been an honest-ta-goodness coffee shop ***on site*** - near the bathhouse, south of the Square - I don't know the name, but perhaps they could be a "shop super-local"(!) source for drinks, and even supplies? :)

          ride safe, and happy planning!

          Kharmin

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:
          > As far as I can figure out, here is our "Wish List" for the traditional vigil at the Ayreton camp on Wednesday Aug 10.
          > {much snipped for space and attention...}
          > Supplies for 25-30 visitors (Fern's estimate ...)
          > Coffee (Verena, thanks for your kind offer! We are hoping to take the easy route of purchasing coffee, but we may still need your help!)
          > Tea?
          (and much etc. )