Fighter Practice this Tuesday- Visiting Knight

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
      I wanted to send out a quick reminder that we will be having a visiting Knight/Count from Calontir up at the Northside fighter practice, Graf Sir Hirsch.

      For those who are not normal fighters to this practice, it is at 2300 Shermer Rd in Northbrook, IL ( Glenbrook North High School)-  from 6:30-9 pm. I am not sure if we will be inside our outside the school- so pack and dress accordingly.

      This will be a great opertunity for some pre-pennsic practice, to get some tips from a visiting Knight, or to just have one heck of a good fight with someone you don't normally get to fight.

      Any questions, feel free to contact me at verena@...

      On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM, The Stoutmaker <stoutmaker72@...> wrote:

      This would be Graf Sir Hirsch, former King of Calontir. He's one hell of a tough fight, but also one hell of a good fight. He used to school me quite often, but I have never had so much fun taking my whoopin' while fighting heavy. Hirsch is looking to try out fighting with some new faces that he doesn't normally get to fight, while in town for work. So if you're yearning to fight a new face at weekly fighter practice, grab your armor and come on out this coming Tuesday.

      So come on out and test your skills, have some fun and meet one hell of a guy and fighter.

      HL Lukas Mesmer
      Ayreton Archery Champion
      Ayreton Archery Marshall
      Squire to Graf Sir Hirsch Ross Eichman

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Midlands Regional A&S Champion

    • Tedesco da Venezia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
        Looks like the weather is going to be very pleasant tomorrow, so practice will be outside.

        Directions and parking information can be found at http://thieves.ayreton.org/ except the parking lot we normally used is blocked for the summer.  After turning off Schermer onto the drive along the parking lot, keep going straight through the lot I've labeled "Additional Parking" on this map, past the tennis courts, and park in the lot labeled "Parking for outdoor practice" with the little car icon in it.

        ~Tedesco da Venezia~

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28, 2011
          I would like to thank everyone who came out the other night. We got
          some fun little snap shot videos- and I finally got them updated on my
          youtube chanel.

          http://www.youtube.com/user/brynachndlr?feature=mhee

          If you are one of the fighters in the video, and I don't have you
          listed- feel free to comment on the videos with your name. Or you can
          also email me offlist or through youtube with the video length and
          your name- and I will change the header of the video to include you.

          Verena

          --
          Lady Verena Entenwirth
          Midlands Regional A&S Champion
          www.broomstich.com
        • Seamus MacBain
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28, 2011
            Black and white shield wearing chainmail shirt is Vidarr Einarsson
            (15, 25, 37 second videos), the all red samurai is Nissan Maxima (18
            sec, 1:26, and 1:48 videos), the 41 second video ... I'm at a loss for
            the fighters name.

            --
            Seamus

            On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Verena Entenwirt <verena@...> wrote:

            > I would like to thank everyone who came out the other night. We got
            > some fun little snap shot videos- and I finally got them updated on my
            > youtube chanel.
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/user/brynachndlr?feature=mhee
            >
            > If you are one of the fighters in the video, and I don't have you
            > listed- feel free to comment on the videos with your name. Or you can
            > also email me offlist or through youtube with the video length and
            > your name- and I will change the header of the video to include you.
            >
            > Verena
            >
            > On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Verena Entenwirt
            > <verena@...> wrote:
            > > I wanted to send out a quick reminder that we will be having a visiting
            > > Knight/Count from Calontir up at the Northside fighter practice, Graf Sir
            > > Hirsch.
            > >
            > > For those who are not normal fighters to this practice, it is at
            > > 2300 Shermer Rd in Northbrook, IL ( Glenbrook North High School)-  from
            > > 6:30-9 pm. I am not sure if we will be inside our outside the school- so
            > > pack and dress accordingly.
            > >
            > > This will be a great opertunity for some pre-pennsic practice, to get some
            > > tips from a visiting Knight, or to just have one heck of a good fight with
            > > someone you don't normally get to fight.
            > >
            > > Any questions, feel free to contact me at verena@...
            > >

            > > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM, The Stoutmaker <stoutmaker72@...>
            > > wrote:
            > >>

            > >> This would be Graf Sir Hirsch, former King of Calontir. He's one hell of a
            > >> tough fight, but also one hell of a good fight. He used to school me quite
            > >> often, but I have never had so much fun taking my whoopin' while fighting
            > >> heavy. Hirsch is looking to try out fighting with some new faces that he
            > >> doesn't normally get to fight, while in town for work. So if you're yearning
            > >> to fight a new face at weekly fighter practice, grab your armor and come on
            > >> out this coming Tuesday.
            > >>
            > >> So come on out and test your skills, have some fun and meet one hell of a
            > >> guy and fighter.
            > >>
            > >> HL Lukas Mesmer
            > >> Ayreton Archery Champion
            > >> Ayreton Archery Marshall
            > >> Squire to Graf Sir Hirsch Ross Eichman
            > >>

            > > --
            > > Lady Verena Entenwirth
            > > Midlands Regional A&S Champion
            > > www.broomstich.com
            > >

            > --
            > Lady Verena Entenwirth
            > Midlands Regional A&S Champion
            > www.broomstich.com

          • Fern
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 29, 2011
              Dear Richard and Verena, and all the other kind volunteers,

              You guys are the best! Thank you so much for the offers to help with Robyyan's vigil!

              Robyyan and I are trying hard to strike a balance between a formal "traditional" vigil, and an easy, laid-back vigil. It is particularly difficult for us since it has been years since we graduated any dependents and set up a traditional vigil. And now we're Olde Pharts, and can't remember everything! All assistance is appreciated!

              As far as I can figure out, here is our "Wish List" for the traditional vigil at the Ayreton camp on Wednesday Aug 10.

              Equipment:
              Big tent/ shade fly for visitors in line (Thanks, Richard!)
              Little tent for Robyyan and single guest (Thanks, Richard!)
              Two chairs in little tent
              Small table in little tent to display Pelican regalia, with tablecloth.
              Refreshment stand (table with tablecloth)
              trash basket (Very Important!)

              Supplies for 25-30 visitors (Fern's estimate of the number of non-Ayreton people who will climb the hill in the morning). Plus enough for the Ayreton camp.
              Coffee (Verena, thanks for your kind offer! We are hoping to take the easy route of purchasing coffee, but we may still need your help!)
              Tea?
              Fruit juice
              milk/creamer
              sugar
              stirrers
              Food (donuts, muffins,etc)
              Food (fruit?)
              paper plates
              paper cups, insulated for hot drinks
              paper napkins

              Staff;
              1-2 people to maintain the refreshment table
              1 person to greet visitors and organize the waiting line
              1-2 people for honor guards at Robyyan's tent (Is this too formal for a breakfast vigil?)
              2 people for clean-up (VERY IMPORTANT because Robyyan is scheduled for Peer on Duty at 11 am. Robyyan will not be able to help with clean-up as he wishes. And Fern has a Chivalry meeeting at noon, so she is also on a tight schedule.)

              It would be easiest to purchase all the necessary food and supplies, if we can figure out where to buy coffee. Apparently there isn't a Dunkin Donuts nearby, but we're still looking.

              The most important help is with the equipment and the staff. Any additional volunteers, ideas, and advice will be much appreciated!

              Also remember that Robyyan is looking forward to his "non-traditional vigil as a water-bearer with the Ayreton Angels on the battlefield. Please send any other vigil visitors to Robyyan there---he'll be wearing ORANGE so you can find him. There'll be a small amount of setup there, too -- a table for notebook and regalia, and a greeter/line organizer would be good, but probably not more than that.

              thank you so very much! This will be a very special event for Robyyan!

              Fern
            • kharmindh
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 30, 2011
                Happy Saturday, Fern!

                In the recent past, there has been an honest-ta-goodness coffee shop ***on site*** - near the bathhouse, south of the Square - I don't know the name, but perhaps they could be a "shop super-local"(!) source for drinks, and even supplies? :)

                ride safe, and happy planning!

                Kharmin

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:
                > As far as I can figure out, here is our "Wish List" for the traditional vigil at the Ayreton camp on Wednesday Aug 10.
                > {much snipped for space and attention...}
                > Supplies for 25-30 visitors (Fern's estimate ...)
                > Coffee (Verena, thanks for your kind offer! We are hoping to take the easy route of purchasing coffee, but we may still need your help!)
                > Tea?
                (and much etc. )