Pennsic Pelican Plans Puttering Purposefully... Permission Please?

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 21, 2011
      Sorry for the subject line, I just couldn't help myself. :-)

      I've heard from Their Majesties, and we're now on track for my Pelican ceremony
      to take place at Midrealm court at Pennsic. So now I'm into seriously figuring
      out just what I want to do...

      I'm planning to do a vigil while waterbearing for the bridge battles on Thursday
      morning. But I'd like to also do something closer to a "traditional" sit around
      and wait in line to talk vigil, and for preference in the Ayreton camp. Note
      that was "closer", not "same as". And I'd like to not be at the same time as
      everyone else, so I can go talk to them, too.

      My thought is to do a morning vigil, with coffee and donuts. Looking at various
      schedules, it looks to me like 8:30-10:30 on Wednesday morning would work.
      Recognizing that my early rising habits are not those of a majority, what do
      those of you camping with Ayreton think about this? Can the camp in general
      deal with this? Should I find somewhere else to hold a morning vigil? Or
      should I give up on coffee and donuts and go with Tuesday evening like everyone
      else?

      Quick response appreciated, lots of plans to make!

      thanks

      http://robyyan.googlepages.com
    • Scribesquire@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011

        I am in favor of this.  Although I am but one of many camping there.

        Henry

        Baron Ayreton

      • jeffnaggie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
          Works for me...after all donuts AND coffee.

          From: Scribesquire@...
          Sender: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:23:55 +0000 (UTC)
          To: <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
            Robyyan,

            I would think this could be done. Especially if the camp layout is adjusted to put your vigil tent near the entrance and near the shade fly. I've seen camps also put up a temporary cloth wall to separate the reception/vigil. All in all, I think the right way to get this approved would be to ask Jane and Dougale. Since Henry's given his blessing, I would think it is more of a logistics question at this point and they are the decision makers on that front.

            Do you have a vigil tent you'll want to set up or do you want to use someone elses tent for the morning? Do you want a separate shade fly or an enclosed tent? We will have a 12x20 shade fly that could possibly be used. But I'm not sure that would give you the privacy you may want. It will likely be set away from the main shade fly so you could have the line in the big one and you in the small one.

            --Richard

          • misreall@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011

              I am fine with this as well.

              Anne / Lynda

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Jennie Tyderek
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
                Dear All,

                I have already replied to Robyyan privately agreeing to this and offering whatever help he needs.  If anyone who is camping with Ayreton has an objection, please let me know privately.

                Jane