Tradition bow making workshop this Saturday

  • nadezda_zezastrizl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
      I picked this up from another (non SCA) list I'm on, thought a few might be interested in it.

      Traditional Bow Making Workshop
      With John Dall (Hoĉ¹k)

      July 23rd 10:00 to 1:00

      At The Dunning Read Conservation Area
      4200 N. Oak Park Ave.
      Chicago, IL 60634

      Join wood worker John Dall for a workshop demonstrating the techniques involved in building a wooden bow and arrow kit using plants traditionally used by tribes of the Midwest. The workshop will cover identifying trees, shrubs, and plants used to make bows, bow string, and arrows, selecting a tree and harvesting, carving green wood, and other wood working techniques. The workshop is limited to 15 -20 people.

      Directions:

      You can take the78 Montrose Bus to the Read Mental Health Center stop, or drive west on Montrose Ave. or Irving Park Road to Oak Park Ave.

      The entrance is located on Oak Park Ave.

      For more information please contact

      Eli Suzukovich III at 773-275-5871 or copperserpent@...

      Workshop Sponsored by:

      The Urban Ecology Program (AIC), AIC Education Department, and Friends of the Parks
    • Dougale MacAlestyr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
        That's very cool.
        I'll see if I can fit it in.