Re: [Ayreton] carnivale

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2011
      I made it. 5 cups wheat flour, one cup barley flour, 2 tsp of baking soda, 3 tsp salt, and your choice of herbs.  (I used Rosemary, Dill, and Parsley).  Or you can buy Tastefully Simple Beer Bread mix, which if you buy their bulk package has all of these dry ingredients except the herbs mixed in the proper ratio for less than buying the ingredients individually, which is what I did----this is ideal if you are baking a large amount.  (The Tastefully Simple mix is the only mix I recommend, the other commercial mixes are no good and you're better off mixing yourself.)

      To this, add 1 12-oz bottle of the beer of your choice per loaf batch.  Coat pan with melted butter and drizzle melted butter on top, bake at 450 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and the loaf separates from the side of the pan.  I have used many different beers over the years, but for the Carnivale batch I used Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.

      Mariza de la Courete

      Contributing Writer, University of Phoenix Writer Network

      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      www.jillelainehughes.com

      www.jamaicalayne.com

      www.jayhughesbooks.com