Court Report from Ayreton Carnivale

  • Jill Elaine Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2011
      Greetings unto the Populace of Ayreton:

      It was my great pleasure to serve as court herald for Their Excellencies Henry and Nadezda at Ayreton Carnivale, the 9th of July, Anno Societatus 46.  I hereby present the following court report from that event.

      • Their Excellencies are in search of Nicholai the Happy, for whom they have been holding an Award of Arms from the Crown for quite some time.  If anyone knows how to reach Nicholai the Happy, please let Their Excellencies know so they can get him his award scroll.
      • Their Excellencies presented the first baronial award, called the Riann's Star, which is a youth award created in loving memory of Ryan of Foxvale. The first recipient of this award was Emma of Foxvale.  Be on the lookout for more new baronial awards at future events, and HUZZAH for Emma!
      • Their Excellencies summoned the 20 baronial participants in the Winter Challenge archery tournament and granted them recognition, and also announced that Ayreton had the highest number of participants of any barony in the Kingdom.
      • Warder Kai Tseng presented the new Midlands Rapier Champion (Kai, do you have a name? I didn't record it), which was chosen at the event.  Also, Lady Gwenneth Verch Ewan stepped down at Ayreton Rapier Champion due to her mundane move to South Korea.  Lord Niall O'Roarick was named as the new Ayreton Rapier Champion.
      • Lady Ann D'Aix and Baroness Jane the Tall reported that they collected more than $70 in donations for the Ayreton Angels' Pennsic services via their "Shoot The Baron" fundraiser at Carnivale.
      • The Event Staff, all Newcomers (of which there were many!) and all Children in attendance also received recognition and gifts.  Their Excellencies also started a new tradition of handing out cookies decorated in baronial colors to the Populace during courts.
      • THL Hilary of Langford also received special birthday recognition in a particularly humorous way.

      In service I remain,

      Lady Mariza de la Courete

      Vanished Wood Pursuiviant

      Contributing Writer, University of Phoenix Writer Network

      Novelist, Playwright, Journalist

      www.jillelainehughes.com

      www.jamaicalayne.com

      www.jayhughesbooks.com