Re: Activities for New People at this weekend's upcoming Carnivale.

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2011
      As of this morning, I have been contacted by at least 10 new people
      about coming to Ayreton (woo hoo).

      If you are a chatelaine of one of the cantons, I really recommend
      coming and taking part in the afternoon session of the New Persons
      Round table Discussion (Khara is making us cookies). This way, we can
      make sure that all the new people get all the necessary information to
      continue playing with their local groups (I also included a local
      group directory on the back of the site books).

      As previously mentioned, please also be aware that there will be extra
      new people at the event, and that they might be coming up to you for
      an introduction and a signature.

      If anyone has any questions about the upcoming event, feel free to
      email me at verena@...

      Thanks!

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Ayreton Carnivale Autocrat
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2011
        At this past Carnival, we had 13 people who were either new to the
        Barony or new to the SCA in general. With an event attendance of just
        over 100, that means that 13% of the attendees were new!

        From the few I have heard back from, they are all eager to continue
        playing in the SCA, and our Barony. Huzzah! I will continue to
        followup with the rest, and hopefully they will all decide that they
        would like to hang around for a little while longer :-)

        I would like to thank Hillary, for taking the time to lead the
        newcomer's meet and greet, Khara for supplying cookies (they loved
        them), Ellianora for walking people around and giving tours,as well as
        making sure they were properly clothed, and to Nadezda and Gianetta
        for supplying gold key.

        Thank you all again.

        --
        Lady Verena Entenwirth