Call for Teachers (and shameless event plug)

  • MacGregorsCairn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2011
      Greetings from Marie la Fauconniere, Provost of the Middle Kingdom Academe of Defence XIV, on behalf of Mistress Maggie of Cnoc Cait, Headmistress, and THL Mihri Deniz Yetim, assistant Headmistress:

      Call for Teachers!

      We invite teachers of all manner of classes to join us on September 2-4, 2011 for MKAOD XIV. We have a lovely new site at the McHenry County Fairgrounds in Woodstock, IL, that offers both indoor and outdoor class space, as well as many other amenities:

      ~camping
      ~discreetly wet
      ~above-ground fires permitted
      ~adequate parking
      ~controlled access
      ~existing restrooms (along with extra porta-castles) AND we're working on shower arrangements
      ~electrical hookups available at a per-campsite fee
      ~safe locations for archery and thrown weapons ranges
      ~restaurants and shopping conveniently nearby (motels within a reasonable distance).

      In addition, any teacher who sends me their class information by July 15 for a preliminary syllabus and class scheduling will have their name entered in a special prize drawing! Again, we are looking for ALL kinds of classes - martial (light or armoured) and A&S.

      Please pass the word and mark your calendars! More details are being added at http://www.ravenslake.org/MKAOD.html  or you can contact me if you have any questions.

      Yours in Service!
      ~Marie

      Modern: Nita L. Lewis
      SCA: THL Marie la Fauconniere, CDH, OW, Meadows Herald
      Shire of Ravenslake, Midlands, Kingdom of the Middle
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/12666413@N07/
      http://marielaf.livejournal.com
      "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is freedom. In water there is bacteria."