Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , May 15, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  Currently we have a theme!  The theme at the moment, due to interest from lords and ladies alike, is to make Cote Hardies.  (Mispelling the fault of the towne cryer.)  While we have a theme that certainly doesn't limit what you can do.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

        Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is May 9, 23 AND 30th.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Wednesdays

      Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meeting is scheduled for May 24th.

      Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thurs. May 25th (also moot)
      Thurs. June 1st
      Thurs. June 29th (also moot)  *NOTE: This is 5th Friday of the month,
      not the usual 4th Friday*
      Thurs. July 6th
      Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
      Thurs. August 3rd
      Thurs. August 24th (also moot)
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , May 22, 2006
        EVENT REQUESTS

        ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25
        Border Skirmish III is looking for bards, skalds, storytellers,
        magicians and fools of every description. There will much
        fighting and eating, and therefore, much sitting around of
        people waiting to fight and eat.

        It is our goal to have no boredom at this event, so we are
        looking to entertain those people not currently occupied with
        stories, songs, magic and general foolishness. We would like
        such entertainers as are attending the event to give a hour
        of their time, or whatever they are willing to give, to
        entertain.
        Possible locations include the lunch pavilion, the various
        fight pavilions and perhaps the nobles pavilion, as well as
        strolling about the grounds entertaining random passers by.
        Anyone interested should contact me directly, or sign up at
        troll.
        Thanks,
        Kyla
        You can send e-mail to: skycat@...
        Here is the Border Skirmish website:
        http://caeranterth.northshield.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/index.html
        June 23rd - 25th, 2006
        325 Herbert Road, Lakemoor, IL
[...]

        ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings are scheduled for May 10th and 24th.

        Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

        ** Vanished Woods Project Night

        We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

        Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

        Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Ayreton Towne Cryer
        Message 3 of 24 , May 29, 2006
[...]

          Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
        • Ayreton Towne Cryer
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 6, 2006
[...]

            (Anyone have their contact information?)

            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 12, 2006
[...]

                The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!  YES! Ida Noyes is OPEN THIS SUMMER so there will STILL be plenty of plug - ins tables and space for anyone who wants to work on a project!

[...]

              This month that is June 13th and June 27th

              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 20, 2006
                EVENT REQUESTS

                ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25  THIS WEEKEND!!!
[...]

                This month that is May 23 AND 30th.

                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 26, 2006
[...]

                  This month that is June 27.

[...]

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
                    SUNDAYS

                    ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                      The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  This past week at least two under dresses were cut out as well as other projects.  Come and Garb with us!

                      This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                      Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

                    MONDAYS

                    ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                        Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                        regular schedule on the 24th.
[...]

                    ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

                    The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Wednesday evenings.

                    Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
                    Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 11, 2006
[...]

                      This month that is July 11 and 25

                      July 11th is a field trip so CALL FIRST please

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 17, 2006
                        SUNDAYS

                        ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                          The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

                          This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                          Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of space on Sundays as well.

                        MONDAYS

                        ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                            Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                            regular schedule on the 24th.
                        Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                        TUESDAYS

                        ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

                        This month that is July 25.

                        WEDNESDAYS

                        Wednesdays

                        ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next Heraldry night is July 18

[...]

                        The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
[...]

                          ** Heraldry Night – on Hiatus until September

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
                              SUNDAYS

                              ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                              2 p.m. until the end of practice.

                                The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

[...]

                                  No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

                              WEDNESDAYS

                              There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

                              THURSDAYS

                              ** The Pippins

                              A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                              Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                              ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                              Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                              Thursday, Sept. 7
                              Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                              Thursday, Oct. 5
                              WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                              WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                              Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                              Message 14 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
                                Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

                                Thank you!

[...]

                                  2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

                                WEDNESDAYS

                                Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
                                and a dish to share.

                                While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

                                From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

                                onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

                                THURSDAYS

                                ** The Pippins

                                A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                                Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                                ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                                Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                                Thursday, Sept. 7
                                Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                                Thursday, Oct. 5
                                WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                                WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                                Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                                For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

                                SATURDAY

                                Games Night:

                                Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
                                games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

                                Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                              • ayretontownecryer
                                Message 15 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
                                  Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
                                  have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
                                  know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

                                  SUNDAYS

                                  ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
                                  Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
                                  project you would like to work on.

                                  The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
                                  recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
                                  buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
                                  people to work ontheir sewing projects and to learn from each other.

                                  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.
                                  However,anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to
                                  makegarb is more than welcome!

                                  MONDAYS

                                  ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

                                  Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
                                  Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
                                  Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
                                  as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                                  Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                                  ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous ConsumptionThe Silver
                                  Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten,
                                  twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is
                                  waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and
                                  related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.Location:
                                  The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.

                                  Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                                  TUESDAYS

                                  ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
                                  from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
                                  0125 to confirm.

                                  This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
                                  26th.

                                  WEDNESDAYS

                                  Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

                                  THURSDAYS

                                  ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
                                  fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
                                  provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

                                  While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
                                  welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

                                  We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
                                  south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
                                  Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
                                  Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
                                  go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
                                  before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
                                  balconyto help you identify us.

                                  From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                                  at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                                  different suburb....

                                  ** The Pippins

                                  A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
                                  Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
                                  Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
                                  information.

                                  ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
                                  levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
                                  aspect of the scribal arts.

                                  You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
                                  Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
                                  paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
                                  calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
                                  buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
                                  course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
                                  supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
                                  aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
                                  (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
                                  yourself.

[...]

                                  From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                                  From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                                  at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                                  different suburb....
                                • Dayle Harding
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
                                    Ian--
                                    The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

                                    ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

                                    ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                    From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

                                    svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
                                    ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                    SATURDAY

                                    **Games Night:

                                    Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
                                    the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
                                    within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
                                    Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
                                    appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
                                    and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
                                    night starts around 6:30ish.

                                    We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
                                    week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                                    From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                                    From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me