Wednesday 29th: Demo at the Park Ridge Public Library

  • Hagge Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27 7:26 AM
      Reminder:

      This Wednesday is the SCA demo at the Park Ridge Public Library in Park Ridge (20 S. Prospect Ave, a few yards from the Park Ridge stop on the UP NW Metra line).

      The library's big summer event is a kind of mini Ren-Faire, and the SCA is the main attraction.  Festivities run from 6:30 to 8:30, with roaming singers (Pippins) and musicians (Baron's Noyse) for the first hour, a 45 minute fighting demo on a big stage (6:30 to 7:15), and a children's costume parade (led by Master Robbyan) at 7:15.  The library is excited to see any and all of us, but especially the Ayreton area artisans.  We will have 6 tables set up outside, as well as two big pavilions (lent by Hal and Juliana and Phoebe), and almost any art or craft is more than welcome (our only restriction is no live fire).

      I know that there are a lot of library demos this summer (since the state theme is knights/castles/fantasy, we've been getting a lot of calls), but the Park Ridge library is a great venue that we've had two good demos at before.

      The library lot has 3-hour parking (and usually they don't check after around 6pm), and if anyone is able to show up around 6:00, I'm sure Hal et al would appreciate help setting up the pavilions.

      Thanks to anyone who can attend, and I hope to see many of you there!
      --Tacit
    • mistressmargrett@ameritech.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27 7:50 AM
        Court & Country will be singing as well!!

        Margrett