Need Sewing Guinea Pigs.... I mean volunteers

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
      As mentioned at the Baronial Populace Meeting, I have put together
      construction/sewing instructions for 5 different Baronial Heraldic
      items (circle cloak, fighting surcoat, tabbard, del, apron). Though I
      have tested these out, I want to make sure other's can easily read and
      follow the instructions.

      Therefore I am asking for 5 different volunteers who have little
      sewing experience to test out the instructions prior to them being
      published in the Baronial Newsletter.

      In particular, I am looking for people with access to a sewing
      machine, who have very little sewing experience, but the time to test
      the instructions. Volunteers will be supplied with prewashed fabric,
      patterns, and their choice of embroidered or appliqued stars. Fabric
      can be picked up at either Tuesday Thieves Practice, Wednesday Archery
      Night, or Border Skirmish.

      If you are interested, please email me off list at verena@...

      Thank you
      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Midlands Regional A&S Champion
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
        Are the patterns and instructions available on the yahoo group page? I
        promise I have little sewing experience.

        --
        Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
        Ayreton Brewers Guild

        "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame
        and renommee."
        - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur
      • Verena Entenwirt
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
          Not yet. Once they have been tested out and finished they will be
          availble through the Ayreton Newsletter, the Yahoogroup, and if it is
          ok with the web minister- on the webpage.

          Right now, I am handing them out with the test fabric to the volunteers,

          -Verena

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
            Oh, and you get to keep the heraldic item you sew :-)

            --
            Lady Verena Entenwirth
            Midlands Regional A&S Champion
            www.broomstich.com
          • Seamus MacBain
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
              How little experience does one need?

              Or inversely - does a Halloween costume when I was 12 and a shade fly
              last year mean I have too much experience?

              --
              Seamus MacBain

              On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Verena Entenwirt
              <verena@...> wrote:
              > As mentioned at the Baronial Populace Meeting, I have put together
              > construction/sewing instructions for 5 different Baronial Heraldic
              > items (circle cloak, fighting surcoat, tabbard, del, apron). Though I
              > have tested these out, I want to make sure other's can easily read and
              > follow the instructions.
              >
              > Therefore I am asking for 5 different volunteers who have little
              > sewing experience to test out the instructions prior to them being
              > published in the Baronial Newsletter.
              >
              > In particular, I am looking for people with access to a sewing
              > machine, who have very little sewing experience, but the time to test
              > the instructions. Volunteers will be supplied with prewashed fabric,
              > patterns, and their choice of embroidered or appliqued stars. Fabric
              > can be picked up at either Tuesday Thieves Practice, Wednesday Archery
              > Night, or Border Skirmish.
              >
              > If you are interested, please email me off list at verena@...
              >
              > Thank you
              > --
              > Lady Verena Entenwirth
              > Midlands Regional A&S Champion
              > www.broomstich.com
            • Verena Entenwirt
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
                Nope, that's about perfect.

                The ideal candidate knows how to turn on a sewing machine, and hopefully can do a straight stitch. Once you have your GOA in a sewing type activity- well then I would think you would have to much experience.

                -V

                --
                Lady Verena Entenwirth
                Midlands Regional A&S Champion
                www.broomstich.com

              • Willie
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
                  I set a sewing machine on fire once...

                  Kith

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  <verena@...> wrote:
                  > As mentioned at the Baronial Populace Meeting, I have put together
                  > construction/sewing instructions for 5 different Baronial Heraldic
                  > items (circle cloak, fighting surcoat, tabbard, del, apron). Though I
                  > have tested these out, I want to make sure other's can easily read and
                  > follow the instructions.
                  >
                  > Therefore I am asking for 5 different volunteers who have little
                  > sewing experience to test out the instructions prior to them being
                  > published in the Baronial Newsletter.
                  >
                  > In particular, I am looking for people with access to a sewing
                  > machine, who have very little sewing experience, but the time to test
                  > the instructions. Volunteers will be supplied with prewashed fabric,
                  > patterns, and their choice of embroidered or appliqued stars. Fabric
                  > can be picked up at either Tuesday Thieves Practice, Wednesday Archery
                  > Night, or Border Skirmish.
                  >
                  > If you are interested, please email me off list at verena@...
                  >
                  > Thank you
                  > --
                  > Lady Verena Entenwirth
                  > Midlands Regional A&S Champion
                  > www.broomstich.com

                • Christian Fournier
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011

                    > I set a sewing machine on fire once...

                    Yeah, but I'm betting that was on *purpose*, right? :P
                  • Verena Entenwirt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 20, 2011
                      Thank you to everyone for thier amazing support. I just need one more
                      person to test the 14th century surcoat, and then I will have enough
                      volunteers.

                      -Verena