Fwd for Pennsic

  • rebecca w
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2011

      --- On Wed, 6/15/11, campmidland@yahoogroups.com <campmidland@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      From: campmidland@yahoogroups.com <campmidland@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [campmidland] Digest Number 277
      To: campmidland@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 7:12 AM

      Midlands Camp

      Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

      Message

      1.

      Fwd: A Pennsic Service Opportunity

      Posted by: "Baker, Cindy" cebaker@...   ellenofthescholars

      Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 pm (PDT)

      I have a service opportunity to bring to your attention for the great Pennsic War.

      As long as The War provides a bus, we need to provide some form of mobility for those who can?t *get on* the bus. Some folks cannot negotiate the stairs, for example. The Mayor has decided there will be two golf carts that will follow the same route as the bus to assist those who can?t use the bus. They will run for the same time as the bus (8 am to 11 pm). They will run on the same route. They will have a single driver and be able to hold 3 passengers. They will not do scheduled pick-ups but you can feel free to assist people along the bus route. The golf carts are to follow the same route as the bus and not deviate from the route.

      As it requires thousands of volunteers in order to make Pennsic happen, I have been enlisted to help recruit drivers by Mistress Una de Saint Luc, who is directing this effort. If you have a nice, friendly disposition yet you can be firm with people, you are the person we seek. You need to be willing to help those with mobility needs but nicely say no to people who want to use the golf carts for inappropriate reasons (e.g. party hopping). This sounds like the Griffone d?Oro people I know. I bet you have friends and dependants who would be perfect for this task, as well.

      Please come to the Watch Tent and sign-up for some shifts. You will see Pennsic from a nice cool cart, and help those who need it.

      Please re-post to any other lists that might be full of helpful and strong-minded people.
      Thank you,
      Kay

      Mistress Kay of Tre Asterium
      C.L., C.P. Baroness of the Court of the Middle Kingdom Kay Jarrell
      4364 Lyndon Lane
      Ann Arbor, MI 48105
      PHONE: 734-913-4053
      CELL: 734-645-3175