Ayreton Announcements

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 9:23 PM
      Greetings!
      The Ayreton Yahoo! group was the brain child of Lord Tedesco.  He created it so that anyone could make announcements from any of the 6 Ayreton SCA groups not just the Ayreton Towne Cryer.  It is also pretty much your one stop shop to find out the activities of the Ayreton Area as well as what is going on with the Ayreton Carnivale & Faire.

      AYRETON CARNIVALE & FAIRE

      The Ayreton area is having a Faire.  Every group of Ayreton is getting together and helping to put this event on!  The Website is: www.ayreton.org

      Not only that!  But the event is also hosting the Midlands Regional A&S Faire!

      This is the real deal.  Classes will be being taught.  If you have a class you would like to teach please contact the A&S classes coordinator listed below!

      This site is HUGE.  We have a 1/8 of a mile indoor track where Heavy fighting, Rapier and Youth Boffer will be taking place.  Plenty of room for Merchants and Populace as well.  If that wasn't enough we have 3 more highschool gyms as well as more than a few classrooms.  We will also have use of the Home Ec rooms which will have some fully usable kitchen stations as well.

      Arts Martial is looking to include as much as possible.  The list includes:

      Rapier Tournaments
      Rapier Midlands Practice
      Rapier Kingdom War Practice

      Heavy Tournaments
      Heavy Regional Practice

      Boffer Tournaments
      Boffer Melee Practice

      Archery Competitions  (Weather permitting outside)

      Thrown Weapons Competitions (Weather permitting outside)

      Merchanting space is $3 per 10' X 10' section.  Contact the Merchant Coordinator for space!

      Site is absolutely Bone DRY.  This is a public school and mundane law requires there is no alcohol on the school campus.  Please respect this as this site is used weekly and we really don't want to lose the site.  Thank you very much!

      Website for information is www.ayreton.org

      Contact information below for the coordinators:

      - Class Coordinator: Metylda of Ravenslake metylda@...
      - Troll Coordinator: Phebe Bonadeci (PC Reaney) reaneypj@...
      - Merchant Coordinator:  Nadezda nadezda_z@...
      - Youth Activities: Evzenie (Peg Cook) davidpeg@... and/or Meurig ap
        Cynfarch  nicothoe@...
      - Martial Activity Coordinator: Dietrich von Hamburg (David Cook)
        davidpeg@...
      - Rapier MIC: Anton du Marais  rapier-anton@...
      - Archery MIC: Shari (Ravenslake, sorry no contact info) and/or Michael Tyderek
       scadougal@...
      - Youth MIC: Acelina, Dayle Harding acelinaofderelei@...
      - Head Chef: Ghita suzanearley@...
      - Head Server: Fiona ni Chiardubhain, Joanne Labny jobear_4@..., with a few
        volunteers from Foxvale as servers

      What if I don't have a Yahoo! e-mail account?  Can I still get on the list?

      Absolutely!  Simply subscribe by sending a message to
      ayreton-subscribe@yahoogroups.com  The list is open to everyone without any need for moderator approval.  The owners of the list do reserve the right to change that should there ever be some kind of abuse.

      So if I can get the announcements in my e-mail box are there any advantages to actually joining the list?

      Yes.  Besides being able to make announcements yourself about activities that are of interest to you there are other advantages as well.

      The Calendar.

      Lord Tedesco has done a FANTASTIC job of keeping the calendar up to date with just about every activity happening in Ayreton.  Not only does the calendar give the times and days of the activities but it includes addresses and often directions or links to directions for each activity as well!  This could easily be your one stop shop for activities in the Ayreton area!  You can find the calendar by logging into the Yahoo! group or by clicking on the link below.
      Lord Tedesco also went out of his way to build a links area that includes many midlands SCA groups not just Ayreton Groups.  This also includes the discussion groups for a variety of midlands groups including Ayreton Groups.

      Photos

      People are already populating the photo gallery!  Add your photos of activities as well.  Pictures of arts martial are great but so are A&S projects done or in the process!

      The Ayreton Map.

      Lord Tedesco took time to create a very cool looking map of the Ayreton area.  You'll see it every time you visit the Yahoo! group!

      Never miss an email again!
      Yahoo! Toolbar