Summer Thieves of Hearts Practice Notes

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2011
      This summer, Glenbrook North High School will be re-flooring the field house and all gymnasiums.  During this time, we may not have access to some or all of the indoor spaces we usually use for practice, although we can still use the outdoor fields like we do in the summer months, and the washrooms will still be accessible.  However in the case of rain, we may not have anywhere to hold practice.  The Captain was not sure if this was going to be done one gym at a time, or all at once, so there's a possibility we can use some gyms while others are being worked on.  This was also supposed to start next week, but over the weekend Captain informed me that they've already started tearing them up.

      Therefore I will continue to post announcements about the status of practice and cancellations during this time.  If you would like to receive immediate updates (i.e. on your smartphone) you can subscribe to our announcements-only list by sending a blank email to <thievesofhearts-announcements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>.  This list is ONLY used for practice cancellation and schedule changes.

      Also, a reminder to those who are interested in Cut and Thrust, tomorrow, June 7, is the first Tuesday of the month, and we will be bringing our Cut and Thrust gear.  Anyone who is interested in trying this form of combat is encouraged to come over and give it a go.  We can work with most fencers and rattan fighters to adapt their armor to C&T standards, and there usually is enough equipment available to lend.

      ~Tedesco da Venezia~