Potter No More

  • D'vorah bint al-Attar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2011
      I did so much pottery, and moved such heavy things in my latest move, that I've well and truly mucked up my elbows -- probably for good. As such, I will probably never be able to do pottery again. It hurts far too much to even contemplate it anymore.

      I have completed my outstanding orders, and won't be taking any more orders for new pottery. For those interested, I do have a few pieces (including trios of feast gear) on my display shelf. It is located at:

      Lincoln Square Pottery Studio
      4150 N. Lincoln Ave.
      Chicago, IL
      Hours: Monday-Friday, 12:30 PM to 9 PM (and weekends, I think, but I'm not sure)

      I don't go to the studio regularly anymore, but the shop owner Meg will happily sell you any of my pieces. There are other pieces on display there as well that would also be wonderful feast gear. If you're looking specifically for MY things, ask to see Judith's shelf.

      I still have one bowl and one plate that have not yet been glaze-fired. If you feel strongly that you would like to have those pieces, let me know. We can set an appointment, and I'll go to the studio with you to pick out glaze treatments, and then you can pick up the finished glazed pieces in about two weeks when they're out of the kiln.

      This isn't an advertisement to sell stuff. I'm just making it clear that I can't do any more pottery for the foreseeable future.
      D'vorah bint al-Attar
      dvorah@...
      Facebook: D'vorah Bint Al-Attar
    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2011
        I am so very sorry to hear that - I know what it is like not to be able to
        do something you love due to injury.

        Give yourself time to heal, and I hope it is not as bad as you fear.

        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake, Midlands
        Middle Kingdom

[...]

        -=-=-