New to the area

  • seawulf7
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi!

      I've been living in Chicago for a couple years now but I haven't
      gotten around to looking into my local SCA group yet. I'm not a
      member, but I've had a lot of experience with very similar groups.
      What is the best gathering to attend to start getting to know
      everyone? I live in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago. Looking
      forward to meeting everyone!

      - Justin
    • Jenna Klauss
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hey Justin,

          Best person to talk to would probably be Ian the Green.  He is the chatalain or his deputy Livy.  Their is also a group called the Grey Gargoyles that is active and having an event Stone Dog Inn coming up first weekend in March.  Ian is mystborne@... and Livy is boomboom93@...

        Cheers
        Keiley

        seawulf7 <JSHEEHA3@...> wrote:
        Hi!

        I've been living in Chicago for a couple years now but I haven't
        gotten around to looking into my local SCA group yet. I'm not a
        member, but I've had a lot of experience with very similar groups.
        What is the best gathering to attend to start getting to know
        everyone? I live in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago. Looking
        forward to meeting everyone!

        - Justin

        The fish are biting.

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          Thanks Keiley, though I am hardly the only Chatelain person in the
          area.

          Justin,

          Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to get you in contact
          with the group closest to you and get you information about the
          activities you are interested in.

          Ian the Green
          Chatelain - Shire of Grey Gargoyles.