Re: [Ayreton] Alpaca Fleece

  • S. Haas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2011
      Oh yes! please!  That would be lovely!

      Thank you!

      Susanne Haas

      aka Lady Morgause duForet

      From: Vickie Rayhill <vrayhill@...>
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com; SCA-Tree-Girt-Sea@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 12:03:49 PM
      Subject: [Ayreton] Alpaca Fleece

      My husband works with a lady who has pet alpacas, and it is shearing time!

      Any spinners, weavers, dyers, or knitters interested in FREE raw fleeces?

      I can send you a picture of the cute critters too, so you can see their natural colors-white, black, and a light tan.

      Please contact me off list at vrayhill@... if you are interested in more details.

      Dame Jocelyn of Lutterworth,
      Canton of Tree-Girt-Sea, Barony of Ayreton, Middle Kingdom
      Project Blog: jocelynsworkshop.blogspot.com

    • Vickie Rayhill
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2011
        The interest in the alpaca fleeces has been quite amazing, and I fear I have 4 times more takers than cute fuzzy animal donors, so I need to hold off on any additional volunteers.

        I will contact the volunteers individually once I receive the fleece in 2 weeks, and see how much I have to divide up. I have never seen an alpaca fleece, so I dont know how much fur we're talking about :)

        The only guideline is the nice lady who is donating the fleece wants to see pictures of the final projects made with it.

        Thanks,
        Jocelyn