RE: [Ayreton] Alpaca Fleece

  • Kyla
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2011
      Um.
      Free?

      Yes, please?

      Tabitha

       -----Original Message-----
      From: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Ayreton@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Vickie Rayhill
      Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:04 PM
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com; SCA-Tree-Girt-Sea@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Ayreton] Alpaca Fleece

      My husband works with a lady who has pet alpacas, and it is shearing time!

      Any spinners, weavers, dyers, or knitters interested in FREE raw fleeces?

      I can send you a picture of the cute critters too, so you can see their natural colors-white, black, and a light tan.

      Please contact me off list at vrayhill@... if you are interested in more details.

      Dame Jocelyn of Lutterworth,
      Canton of Tree-Girt-Sea, Barony of Ayreton, Middle Kingdom
      Project Blog: jocelynsworkshop.blogspot.com

    • shimaspawn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2011
        I'm certainly interested.  It would be great for some of the projects I'm working on.

        - Rei

        On 10 May 2011 18:46, Kyla <skycat@...> wrote:

        Um.
        Free?

        Yes, please?

        Tabitha

        --
        Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
      • S. Haas
        Message 3 of 5 , May 10, 2011
          Oh yes! please!  That would be lovely!

          Thank you!

          Susanne Haas

          aka Lady Morgause duForet

          Message 4 of 5 , May 10, 2011
            The interest in the alpaca fleeces has been quite amazing, and I fear I have 4 times more takers than cute fuzzy animal donors, so I need to hold off on any additional volunteers.

            I will contact the volunteers individually once I receive the fleece in 2 weeks, and see how much I have to divide up. I have never seen an alpaca fleece, so I dont know how much fur we're talking about :)

            The only guideline is the nice lady who is donating the fleece wants to see pictures of the final projects made with it.

            Thanks,
            Jocelyn