Alpaca Fleece

  • Vickie Rayhill
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10 10:03 AM
      My husband works with a lady who has pet alpacas, and it is shearing time!

      Any spinners, weavers, dyers, or knitters interested in FREE raw fleeces?

      I can send you a picture of the cute critters too, so you can see their natural colors-white, black, and a light tan.

      Please contact me off list at vrayhill@... if you are interested in more details.

      Dame Jocelyn of Lutterworth,
      Canton of Tree-Girt-Sea, Barony of Ayreton, Middle Kingdom
      Project Blog: jocelynsworkshop.blogspot.com

    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10 10:46 AM
        Um.
        Free?

        Yes, please?

        Tabitha

        Message 3 of 5 , May 10 1:28 PM
          I'm certainly interested.  It would be great for some of the projects I'm working on.

          - Rei

          On 10 May 2011 18:46, Kyla <skycat@...> wrote:

          Um.
          Free?

          Yes, please?

          Tabitha

          --
          Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
        • S. Haas
          Message 4 of 5 , May 10 2:14 PM
            Oh yes! please!  That would be lovely!

            Thank you!

            Susanne Haas

            aka Lady Morgause duForet

            Message 5 of 5 , May 10 3:33 PM
              The interest in the alpaca fleeces has been quite amazing, and I fear I have 4 times more takers than cute fuzzy animal donors, so I need to hold off on any additional volunteers.

              I will contact the volunteers individually once I receive the fleece in 2 weeks, and see how much I have to divide up. I have never seen an alpaca fleece, so I dont know how much fur we're talking about :)

              The only guideline is the nice lady who is donating the fleece wants to see pictures of the final projects made with it.

              Thanks,
              Jocelyn